Here are some fresh Nikon D3500 reviews. The Nikon D3500 is our pick for the best DSLR camera for novice photographers because it offers outstanding image quality for its price.
Nikon D3500 is an entry-level DSLR and provides some amazing features for beginners. Some noteworthy ones are excellent battery life, easy smartphone connectivity, 1080/60p video with silent autofocus, and intuitive controls in a highly portable and lightweight body. At Adorama and Amazon, the D3500 gets 4.8 from 5 stars and still the best selling product. That’s why we want to cover this product again. If you are thinking for a DSLR to buy in 2021 and can’t decide, D3500 is the one to look for.
Nikon D3500 Reviews
From Imaging Resource conclusion:
In the end, despite some shortcomings with AF performance, the Nikon D3500 is an extremely enticing camera for beginner photographers. It has a compact design, comfortable ergonomics, fast single-shot AF and best of all, the camera’s image quality is fantastic, not only for an entry-level camera but for APS-C cameras in general. The fact that you can get this kind of image quality out of a camera for under $500, with a lens included, is just shocking.
Here is a quick list of the pros and cons of the Nikon D3500 by PhotographyLife.
- Excellent image quality, among the best in class for a DX crop sensor
- Very good value at just $450 with a kit lens
- Comfortable grip and well-designed body – resulting in a much more enjoyable camera to use than its predecessors
- The autofocus system, despite having just 11 points, is surprisingly fast and accurate
- Few customizable buttons, and removal of Fn button, making it slow for advanced users to set properly
- Not very many bells and whistles like WiFi, Time exposure mode, mirror lockup, and more
- On paper, similar specifications to the Nikon D3400 – and even the earlier D3300 and D3200
From Dpreview conclusion in 2020:
The D3500 is a compact and likeable DSLR for beginners. It’s not great for video and its image transfer is slow. But for stills it’s a solid choice and its Guide Mode makes it easy to learn.
Nikon D3500 at a Glance
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Native ISO 100-25600; 5 fps Shooting
- 3.0″ 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 1000 11-Point AF System
- SnapBridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- AF-P DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens
- AF-P DX 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!