Fujifilm X-E4 unveiled and it is the lightest and smaller X series camera yet. The front body panel of the rangefinder style camera is totally flat and as usual it easily fits in your pocket. The X-series camera uses the 4th generation sensor and processor and features the same 26.1MP sensor as seen on the Fuji X-T4.
The mid-range shooter is in the same size of X-E3 and comes with a flip up screen, similar to the one we see on the Fujifilm X70. It is a180 LCD flip up screen. The surface is flat when LCD positioned on the back just like the X100V. The X-E3 shares many of X-S10 camera’s features. The main difference is styling and the X-E4’s lack of image stabilization.
The X-E4 also shares its 2.36M-dot OLED viewfinder with the X-S10, along with similar optics, providing 0.62X magnification, in full-frame terms. The rear screen is a 1.63M-dot touchscreen that folds up or down by 180 degrees, allowing selfies or vlogging-style video shooting.
The X-E4 will be available from early March at a cost of around $850, body only. A kit with a new weather-resistant 27mm F2.8 R WR will be available for around $1050.
Several accessories will be available for X-E4 as well, including:
- BLC- XE4 (Black Leather Case): $79.99 MSRP USD/$105 CDN
- MHG-X-E4(Metal Hand Grip,Black only):$89.99 MSRP USD/$120CDN
- TR-X-E4 (Thumb Rest, Black): $69.99 MSRP USD/$95 CDN
- TR-X-E4 (Thumb Rest, Silver): $69.99 MSRP USD/$95 CDN
- For more information, please visit https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/cameras/x-e4/.
Pre-Order Fujifilm Products
Fujifilm X-E4 Main product features
X Series’ lightest and smallest camera body
- At .80 lb. (364g) and measuring 4.77in x 2.87in x 1.28in (121.3mm x 72.9mm x 32.7mm), X-E4 is the most compact interchangeable-lens camera in the X Series of digital cameras. The product uses Fujifilm’s 4th generation sensor and processor. To maintain its slim and sleek design, a rear tilting LCD screen has also been carefully designed to ensure the body remains as thin and portable as possible.
- The camera’s compact design is influenced by the design of classic film cameras. Both the front and rear grips are flat to give it a classic aesthetic, while the top plate of the camera body is carefully molded from magnesium to provide a polished, elevated finish.
Diverse functions and easy operation
- The rear tilting monitor can be flipped upward and forward facing up to180 degrees, which can accommodate a wide variety of compositions, from high to low angle, as well as selfies and vlog-style videos.
- The top panel includes a shutter speed dial that can be set manually or switched to Program Mode (P) if fully automatic functionality is required.
- Controls have also been concentrated to front-side dials to give extra thumb space for maximum in-hand comfort.
- Using Fujifilm’s state-of-the-art 26.1MP X-TransTM CMOS 4 sensor and the high-speed image processing engine X-Processor 4 to provide incredibly fast autofocus, X-E4 uses phase detection autofocus points across almost 100% of the sensor to acquire focus in as fast as 0.02 seconds. It is also able to track moving subjects with an advanced AF-tracking algorithm, ensuring that images can be captured when the focus is optimal.
- X-E4 also includes Fujifilm’s latest Face and Eye detection technology to track subjects accurately, even in luminance levels as low as -7.0EV where used with an attached FUJINON XF50mmF1.0 R WR lens.
Extensive video-recording functions
- X-E4 oversamples 6K footage to record 4K/30P 4:2:0 8-bit video to internal media, or 4K/30P 4:2:2 10-bit video via its HDMI port.
- The camera can also deliver high-speed, full-HD video at 240fps, which can be used to replay fast-moving subjects up to 10x slower compared to footage recorded at 24fps.
Variety of film simulations
- A total of 18 film simulations are available with the X-E4, including Velvia, which is characterized by highly saturated colors and crisp gradation, and ETERNA Bleach Bypass, which reproduces
Fujifilm X-E4 will cost $849 for body-only and $1049 with the XF 27mm f/2.8 Mark II kit. Join the Fujifilm Camera Users