Let’s take a look at the leaked Sony a5 / a6 entry level mirrorless camera features according to recent rumors.
As you know, there is a camera code that Sony has not announced yet but registered at the same time. Sony WW850128 got registered and refers to an entry-level full frame E-mount. This new camera is expected to be the long awaited Sony a5 or Sony a6. The official announcement for this new camera is expected in September next month.
Sony is rumored announce the Sony a5 – an entry level full frame mirrorless camera that will be priced under $1,000. If it turns out to be true, the Sony a5 will be a great competitor to the $899 Canon EOS RP.
Sony a5 / a6 Rumored Specs:
- Announcement expected in September, 2020
- Price below $1,500, similar as Canon EOS RP and Nikon Z5
- 5 fps
- 4K 24p 10bit 100mbps, 4K 30p 10bit 100mbps and it even has 50/60p 4K but is really crippled
- No pop-up flash
- Pop-up evf with 770.000 pixels (2.3m points) 0.6x mag.
- NP-FZ100 Battery, the grip is pretty large to accommodate the battery
- USB Type-C
- Touch LCD screen similar to Sony a7S III
- Single SD card slot
- Headphone jack
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Body design similar to a5xxx/a6xxx APS-C E-mount mirrorless cameras
Reminder: Sony USA has released the new instant rebates on selected Sony mirrorless cameras for June 2020. And you can save up to $300 off on Sony a7R IV, a7R III, a7 III, a6600, a6400. This is also the first time that the Sony a7R IV camera body has got $300 off.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography