Sigma announced a new firmware for the Sigma fp camera. The new firmware version 2.0 brings major updates including the ability to create and play back cinemagraphs and supporting HDR in movie shooting.
Sigma fp is incredibly compact, especially by current L-mount standards, with dimensions of just 113 x 70 x 45mm and a weight of 370 grams. Sigma fp is the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame L-mount mirrorless camera.
Newly introduced functionality
- Supports cinemagraph creation and playback
- Supports CinemaDNG footage playback
- Supports still capture during live view and movie shooting in Cine mode
- Supports still image capture from movie files (CinemaDNG, MOV) shot with the SIGMA fp
- Supports HDR in movie shooting
- Supports still and movie shooting in Director’s Viewfinder mode
- Supports DCI 4K 12bit / HDMI Raw output
- Supports RAW over HDMI recording with Atomos Ninja V monitor-recorder * A free AtomOS firmware update for Ninja V is required.
- Supports recording Blackmagic RAW codec over HDMI with Blackmagic Video Assist 12G models * Requires firmware update of Video Assist 12G models using Video Assist Update 3.3.
- Camera movement control is now compatible with ZHIYUN Weebill S gimbal. * Firmware update of the corresponding device is required. * Please refer to ZHIYUN firmware release information about functions supported. Since not all functions will be supported in this firmware update, both SIGMA and ZHIYUN will need to continue working on this to make more and more functions compatible in future firmware updates.
- Instruction message appears when attempting to use greyed-out items in SHOOT menu
- Supports camera control in USB mode * The SDK (Software Development Kit) for controlling the camera is scheduled to be available by early July.
- Supports Dual Base ISO (ISO100 and ISO3200)
- Improves AF performance
- Improves accuracy with evaluative exposure metering
- Improves image quality
- Supports CinemaDNG 25 and 29.97 fps (UHD 12bit) shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 fps (FHD 12bit) shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 and 119.88 fps (FHD 8bit and 10bit) shooting
- ‘OFF’ option available in Color mode
- Exposure adjustment available in QS (Quick Set)
- Tone control setting ‘Auto (Mild / Strong)’ available during movie shooting
- Supports USB Video Class (UVC) settings adjustments while the fp is connected to USB
- Supports time code generation
- Compatible with BWF format
- Supports file size changes at aspect ratio 7:6
- Supports changes to shutter sound effect
- Corrects the phenomenon of flickering in dark areas when shooting video footage
- Corrects bugs in USB Video Class (UVC) setting when connected via USB or during movie shooting
- Improves recording stability with recording media
- Other minor bugs have been corrected
* To develop raw data (DNG files) from the SIGMA fp with firmware Ver2.0, the use of SIGMA Photo Pro 6.7.4 is required. Users must update to SIGMA Photo Pro 6.7.4 when applying the fp Ver2.0 firmware update.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".