According to recent reports, the production of the Canon EOS 5DS and Canon EOS 5DS R has ended. Currently these cameras still in stock at most stores, but this series has definitely reached its end. There will be no DSLR replacement for either camera.
As rumored before, Canon EOS R3/R5S camera to be announced later this year. The high-megapixel full frame mirrorless camera will be the replacement of EOS 5DS/5DS R. The release date for EOS R3/R5S is expected in late 2020. The rumors suggests that the EOS R3/R5S will feature with a 150MP full frame sensor, just take with a grain of salt. See the previously rumored Canon EOS R5S/R3 Camera Specs.
Canon EOS R5S/R3 Camera Specs
- 75mp full-frame CMOS sensor (150MP is also rumored)
- Sensor “focused on the dynamic range”
- Frames per second “… Sounded similar to the EOS R”
- DIGIC 9
- Dual Card Slots
- Joystick the same as the EOS-1D X Mark III
- Larger and higher resolution EVF than the EOS R
- Fully articulating LCD screen
- Fully weather-sealed
- Similar ergonomics as the EOS R (No touch bar)
Canon EOS R5 Key Features:
- 8K Video Capture
- 20 fps high-speed continuous shooting (Electric Shutter)
- 12 fps high-speed continuous shooting (Mechanical Shutter)
- High-performance coordinated image stabilization (IS)
- Dual media card slots
Canon Camera Deals:
$500 off on Canon EOS R body: $1,999 at Amazon
$700 off on Canon EOS R with 24-105mm Lens: $2,899 at Amazon
$500 off on Canon EOS RP with 24-105mm Lens: $2,199 at Amazon
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Camera Rumors.