The new NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Lens is Nikon’s latest high-end Z-mount mirrorless lens. Here are the official sample imagesof this iconic lens.
Fast standard prime, manual-focus lens for the Nikon Z mount system comes with 17 elements of the new Z version, which tips the scales at a fraction over 2000g. Like the Z 24-70mm F2.8 S, the Noct features a small display on the top of its barrel, which can be configured to show either the precise hyperfocal distance at the shooting aperture (shown above) or the shooting aperture itself. Minimum focus is 0.5m (1.6 ft) which equates to a maximum magnification ratio of 0.194X.
NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Lens – Pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon. The release date for this lens is on October 25th, 2019. Below are official NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens sample images of this lens.
NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct – Features
- The symbol of the Nikon Z mount system’s optical performance with the fastest maximum aperture (f/0.95) in Nikon history
- The extremely shallow depth of field and large and beautiful bokeh is made possible only with a maximum aperture of f/0.95
- Outstanding resolution along the focal plane at any shooting distance from close-up to infinity, even at maximum aperture
- Unique spatial expression with ideal blur characteristics as the degree of bokeh transitions smoothly and naturally with increasing as the distance from the focal plane increases
- Incredible point-image reproduction characteristics that render points as points, making sharp and clear night landscapes and starscapes possible, even at maximum aperture
- Adoption of large-diameter ground aspherical lens elements made of glass with a high refractive index enables powerful, yet extremely precise, aberration correction
- The use of two of Nikon’s exclusive anti-reflection coatings, ARNEO Coat and Nano Crystal Coat, effectively suppresses ghost and flare
- Control and focus rings that rotate smoothly and quietly, and with the proper torque, for optimal operability with still-image and movie recording
- A convenient L-Fn (lens function) button to which a variety of functions can be assigned
- Equipped with a lens info panel that can be used even in dark surroundings to confirm information such as aperture value, shooting distance, and depth of field without looking through the camera’s viewfinder
- Designed with consideration given to dust- and drip-resistance, featuring a fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt
- An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism enables extremely precise aperture control
- A felt-lined lens hood (supplied) effectively reduces reflections off the inner surface of the hood
- Nikon Z50 – Pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon – Release date in November, 2019
- NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Lens – Pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon – Release date in late October, 2019
- Nikon MB-N10 Battery Pack – Pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon – Release date in November, 2019
- Nikon EN-EL25 Battery – Pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon – Release date in November, 2019