According to recent rumors, Olympus will announce the mid-range mirrorless camera Olympus E-M5 Mark III on October 17, 2019. The company already registered this Micro Four Thirds camera in overseas certification body under the “IM016” code name.
The highly anticipated Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera coming soon with “Surprise” new functions and mechanisms. One of them is that the Micro Four Thirds camera can do handheld high resolution shooting just like the OM-D E-M1X.
The MFT camera is said to be a normal evolution model with a focus on miniaturization and weight reduction, including new functions and mechanisms. Just“small and light” is not attractive. As we’ve previously mentioned the upcoming Olympus E-M5 III will feature the same 20M Live MOS sensor of the Olympus E-M1 Mark II.
Rumored Olympus E-M5 III specifications
Below are some rumored Olympus E-M5 Mark III specs that we’ve posted before.
- Same sensor as the Olympus E-M1 Mark II (should be second-generation 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor)
- 121-point contrast AF point
- 50 MP super resolution mode
- 1/8000 second highest shutter speed
- Max 15fps continuous shooting speed
- Video DCI 4K / 24p and UHD 4K / 30p
- 3 inch 1.04 million pixel multi-angle back screen
- 236 million pixels 1.3 magnification electronic viewfinder
As always take it with grain of salt. Stay tuned with us for more information and please feel free to relay your comments, or suggestions.
Read more Olympus Mirrorless News and Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.