Fujifilm has officially announced the X-A7, price tag $699, a new entry-level mirrorless camera in its X Series with a release date set for October.
The Fuji X-A7 weighs just 320g (body only) and uses a newly developed 24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor with the same color reproduction, famous film simulations, quality, and abilities as the sensors riding in their top-tier X-system cameras like the X-T3 and X-Pro2.
The Fujifilm X-A7 can shoot 4K video at 30fps, and a large 3.5-inch 16:9 touchscreen LCD should appeal to vloggers. Fujifilm says the new sensor in the X-A7 produces 4K (3820 x 2150) video footage using data equal to 6K (6032 x 3392) in order to provide clips with less noise and better clarity.
Fujifilm X-A7 Price & Release Date
The Fujifilm X-A7 price will be $699 for the camera body and a XC 15-45mm kit lens . Fujifilm X-A7 will be released sometime in October 2019.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and Hybrid Autofocus
The 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor enables recording high-resolution stills and video in a variety of lighting conditions. It offers a native sensitivity range from ISO 200-12800, which can be expanded to ISO 100-51200 to better suit working in ultra bright or ultra dark scenarios. UHD 4K video can be recorded at up to 29.97p and Full HD recording is possible at up to 59.94p. For stills shooting, a continuous rate of 6 fps is possible for working with moving subjects.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the sensor also affords a 117-area hybrid autofocus system that uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods for quick and precise AF.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Large 3.5″ 2.76m-dot touchscreen LCD enables intuitive control over shooting settings. The screen also has a swivel design to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share imagery and remotely control the camera from a linked mobile device.
- Sleek and stylish, the X-A7 has a retro-themed design fit with silver-colored leatherette.
- Included WP-W126S battery provides approximately 270 shots per charge in normal mode or approximately 440 shots per charge in economy mode.
- Built-in pop-up flash is available to provide additional illumination when working in low light, and the Super Intelligent Flash technology automatically balances flash output according to your scene.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".