Panasonic has announced the new Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 II ASPH. Lens and it’s now available for pre-order at B&H Photo for $699. The lens will be available in October.
Panasonic has upgraded its LEICA DG 25mm fixed focal length lens for the Micro Four Thirds system standard, adding a new splash/dust-resistant construction and compatibility with max. 240 fps sensor drive for high-speed auto focusing.
In addition to the large F1.4 aperture, the new LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25mm / F1.4 II ASPH. (H-XA025) features splash- and dust-resistant* construction for heavy field use and is compatible with max. 240 fps sensor drive for high-speed AF.
Despite its large aperture, the LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25mm / F1.4 II ASPH. features stunningly high resolution and a descriptive performance in all areas of the image, while supporting versatile use with its 50mm (35mm camera equivalent) focal length. In addition, the renewed lens provides smooth defocus for a beautiful bokeh effect that creates even more stunning pictures.
The lens system, comprised of nine elements in seven groups, uses two aspherical lenses and one UHR (Ultra High Refractive) index lens. The UHR index lens and glass mold aspherical lenses achieve uniform description from the center to the corners of the image, while Panasonic Nano Surface Coating on the lens minimizes ghosts and flare.
Incorporating an inner focus drive system and stepping motor, the new LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25mm / F1.4 II ASPH. is capable of smooth, silent operation and works with the camera’s high-speed, high-precision contrast AF system for both photo and video recording. It is also compatible with the sensor drive at max. 240 fps to take maximum advantage of cameras with high-speed AF.
Realizing the potential of a large-aperture lens in a compact, lightweight profile, the new rugged-design LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25mm / F1.4 II ASPH. achieves both high picture quality and mobility, and takes advantage of the latest LUMIX G Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Cameras. Having passed rigorous standards to be certified with the world-renowned LEICA name, exceptionally high image quality is guaranteed.
Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 II ASPH Lens Additional Information
- Normal-length prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 50mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also enables extensive control over focus placement for selective focus applications.
- One UHR element and a pair of aspherical elements help to achieve even illumination and sharpness for consistent performance throughout the aperture range.
- A Nano Surface Coating has been applied to individual elements to noticeably reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping AF motor, along with an internal focusing design, provides quick, smooth, and near-silent focusing performance to benefit both stills and video use.
- Version II of this lens features a dust- and splash-resistant design to suit its use in trying weather conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
Stay tuned with us for more information.