It is now confirmed that Nikon will announce the flagship Nikon D6 DSLR camera on September 4th, 2019. This would be a development announcement as the camera will be released in late 2019 or early 2020 as we’ve already reported earlier. The Z 24mm f/1.8 S lens could be also announced on that day.
Nikon D6 DSLR camera will feature 24-megapixel full frame image sensor, 4K video recording at 60p and built-in sensor stabilization. It could be the sensor found on the Nikon Z6, as it is already capable of 4K at up to 100 fps.
Beside these Nikon D6 specs below, the flagship DSLR will have better low ISO performance than the Nikon D5.
It seems that Nikon will make some announcements about “D6” on September 4.
New Specs List of Nikon D6
- Potential announcement in early 2020
- Prototypes already in testing
- Adding sensor stabilization delayed the D6 announcement
- The D6 will definitely not be a “hybrid” camera, but rather a DSLR with some mirrorless features (better video, IBIS for example)
- Dual CF Express memory card slots
- .76-78x 100% viewfinder
- New Expeed dual processors
- Better/improved AF than the current D5
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3.2 million dot touch screen, with full touch capabilities
- Excellent/improved silent shooting modes
Previously Rumored Nikon D6 Specs
- 24MP full frame sensor
- 4K video at 60p
- Built-in image sensor stabilization
- Longer manual exposure times (like in the Nikon D810A): from 1/8000 – 120 seconds. (up from 30 seconds)
Regardless of what is next, stay tuned to our website to find out the latest digital camera news and Nikon Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!