According to recent rumors, a new OM-D E-M5 camera is on the way. It is said the Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera announcement is scheduled for August / September timeframe. This means the wait is almost over and Micro Four Thirds users will meet the new E-M5 model in late Summer.
We already know the company focuses on compact and lightweight products, high-resolution lenses, and strong image stabilization. Along with that Olympus also explained the delay occurred in the announcement of Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera due to shifting of production plant from China to Vietnam. They have also assured that new Olympus Pro lenses are coming prior to the rumored 150-400mm lens in 2020.
So to wrap all of these informations within the confirmation from the rumor mill that the Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera announcement could be in one or two months period. Check out the previously posted E-M5 III specs and predictions.
Rumored Olympus E-M5 III specifications
- Same sensor as the Olympus E-M1 Mark II (should be second-generation 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor)
- 121-point contrast AF point
- 50 MP super resolution mode
- 1/8000 second highest shutter speed
- Max 15fps continuous shooting speed
- Video DCI 4K / 24p and UHD 4K / 30p
- 3 inch 1.04 million pixel multi-angle back screen
- 236 million pixels 1.3 magnification electronic viewfinder
As always take it with grain of salt. Stay tuned with us for more information and please feel free to relay your comments, or suggestions.
Read more Olympus Mirrorless News and Olympus Rumors.