Hasselblad has officially announced the new X1D II 50C medium format mirrorless camera. The US price for X1D II 50C is $5,750, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama. X1D ll 50C offers a larger rear screen, a higher resolution EVF, faster startup and reduced lag, as well as a collection of menu and interface changes.
Hasselblad has also updated its Phocus Mobile iOS app so that now users can not only control the camera and rate images, but additionally download Raw and JPEG files to their iPad Pro and iPad Air (2019) devices. The app can connect to the X1D ll 50C either via Wi-Fi as before or via the camera’s USB-C port, and will now support tethered shooting. Phocus Mobile 2 is free, and will be available on Apple’s App Store.
Hasselblad X1D II 50C Medium Format Mirrorless Camera Key Features
- 50MP 43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS Sensor
- 16-Bit Color, 14-Stop Dynamic Range
- Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- 0.87x 3.69m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.6″ 2.36m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- Leaf Shutter System, 1/2000 sec Sync
- ISO 100-25600, Up to 2.7 fps Shooting
- Dual SD UHS-II Memory Card Slots
- Built-In Wi-Fi, USB 3.0 Type-C
- Specs sheet on this PDF file.
Hasselblad also announced the new XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 Lens. The XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 is the ninth addition to the X System lens range. This extremely high performance, compact mid-range zoom covers moderate wide angle to short telephoto focal lengths.
The US price for this lens is $5,175, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama.
Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 Lens
- Hasselblad X System
- 28-59mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Central Lens Shutter, 1/2000 sec Sync
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override
- Internal Focusing Design
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.