All three cameras will benefit from the first improvement which is about the AF performance. This is about the camera’s tracking performance in continuous AF and it will be improved by optimizing the tracking algorithm.
Panasonic GH5s will benefit from all four improvements while G9 gets the first and fourth, GH5 1st and 3rd options.See below for the details and download links.
Panasonic GH5, GH5s and G9 Firmware Updates Now Available
1.Improvement of AF performance
- There were cases where focus point was shifted to the background while tracking the subject in AFC mode. The new firmware minimizes this problem.
- Tracking performance in continuous AF has been improved by optimizing the tracking algorithm.
- The subject is tracked even if it moves actively, such as in sports scenes where the focus previously shifted to the background.
- There were cases where focus point was shifted to the background while tracking the subject in video recording. The new firmware minimizes this problem.
- The accuracy of detecting the subject has been improved by optimizing the focus area settings and tracking speed.
The point of focus remains on the subject instead of shifting to the background.
2.Improvement of stability during HDMI output
- Operating stability during VFR(Variable Frame Rate) recording through HDMI output has been improved.
3.Improvement of video recording performance
- [One Push AE] failed to operate when [SS/Gain Operation] is set to [ANGLE/ISO] while shooting in Creative Video M mode. This bug has been fixed.
- The image quality when using [V-LogL] for VFR recording in Creative Video mode has been improved.
- The image quality when set to [i.Dynamic (Intelligent Dynamic Range Control)] has been improved.
4.Improvement of operation under specific lighting conditions (fluorescent lights, etc.)
- There were cases where the camera did not catch up to the brightness change smoothly under specfic lighting conditions such as fluorescent lights. The new firmware minimizes this problem.