Nikon Japan announced that the release date of NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S lens and HB-90 lens hood has been delayed to Mid December, 2018. This lens is originally scheduled to be released on November 26, 2018.
And the major authorized Nikon USA dealers are now shipping out the Nikon Z7 pre-orders. Z7 body-only priced at $3,399. Check at Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama. For more details on availability see this Nikon Z7 in stock tracker.
Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S Lens Primary Features
- Superior rendering for exquisite image expression that redefines perceptions of what a 50 mm f/1.8 lens can do
- Thorough suppression of axial chromatic aberration ensures superior resolution with faithful reproduction of the fine textures in subjects, even from maximum aperture
- Sharp and clear rendering of details from the center of the frame to the peripheral edges, regardless of the shooting distance
- The soft and beautiful bokeh characteristics at any shooting distance possible only with a fast (bright) lens
- Adoption of two ED glass elements, and two aspherical lens elements
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted to suppress ghost and flare
- Adoption of a new, powerful stepping motor (STM) enables quiet and accurate AF control with both still-image and movie recording
- In consideration to a dust- and drip-resistance, the entire lens, including moving parts, has been sealed
Read more Nikon Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!