Fujifilm has introduced its budget-friendly X-A5 Digital Camera Body with XC15-45mm Lens Kit which is the lightest camera-zoom lens combination within the X Series lineup.
The follow-up to the X-A3 with a host of new and improved features, the X-A5 kit debuts the new FUJINON XC 15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ, the first electric powered zoom lens for X Mount digital cameras.
The X-A5 features a powerful 24.2MP APS-C sensor equipped with phase detection autofocus. The sensor uses the traditional Bayer color filter, rather than X-Trans. The updated processor on the X-A5 is 1.5x times faster, according to Fujifilm, and its phase-detect AF system should do a better job with subject tracking.
The X-A5 features a variety of 4K video capabilities. Utilizing the Burst Function, users are able to shoot 15 frames per second in 4K image quality. A jack for an external microphone has also been added.
The new FUJIFILM X-A5 Camera Kit will be available on February 8, 2018 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $599. The new standalone XC 15-45mmF3.5- 5.6 OIS PZ Lens will be available on March 15, 2018 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $299.95. Color choices include silver & black, silver & brown and silver & pink.
Fujifilm X-A5 camera and XC 15-45mm lens announced
The new X-A5 introduces the first electric powered zoom lens for X Mount cameras, the FUJINON XC 15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ. With a minimum working distance of just 2 inches, this lightweight and compact lens is great for achieving clear close-up shots while making the photographic experience easy and comfortable. Capable of capturing crisp, intricate textures, the XC 15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ is ideal for food and macro photography. Starting at a wide angle, this smooth electric-powered zoom also allows for great freedom in composition framing.
The new XC 15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens will also be available for standalone purchase as a portable addition for existing X Series users.
FUJIFILM X-A5 Key Features:
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and newly developed processor equipped with phase detection AF system
- FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5- 5.6 OIS PZ wide angle electric-powered zoom lens with minimum working distance of 2”
- 3” (approx. 1,040K-dot) high resolution LCD touchscreen using new touch-panel GUI can be tilted to 180°
- Portrait Enhancement Level, Touch AF in Movie Mode, Advanced Filter Select
- Standard output sensitivity of ISO200 – ISO12800
- Extended output sensitivity: ISO100 – ISO51200
- 4K video recording up to approx. 5 mins
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 59.94p / 50p / 24p / 23.98p; continuous recording up to approx.14 mins
- HD 1280 x 720 59.94p / 50p / 24p / 23.98p; continuous recording up to approx. 27 mins
- High Speed Movie 1280×720 1.6x / 2x / 3.3x / 4x
- Bluetooth® version 4.1 low energy technology
- In-camera RAW processing
- New Advanced Filters: “Fog Remove” and “HDR Art”
- Wi-Fi® image transfer and remote camera operation
- Improved battery life for still images – approx. 450 frames
- Improved start-up period:
- 0.4 sec., when High Performance mode set to ON
- 0.8 sec., when High Performance mode set to OFF
- Photos can be sent to instax SHARE printers using the free instax SHARE App (iOS and Android)
- Accessories include:
- Li-ion battery NP-W126S
- AC power adapter
- Plug adapter
- USB cable
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Owner’s manual
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".