Olympus will soon announce a new Tough TG-5 rugged camera. First Olympus TG-5 specs and images leaked ahead of the official announcement.
The ruggedized shooter will replace the will replace the current TG-4 with additional 4K video recording capability. In the core of the camera outdoor and action photographers might be happy of the new 12-megapixel sensor.
From the TG-5 specs we can see that the new product will be able to capture 4K videos at 30fps and full HD movies at 120fps.
Olympus TG-5 specs and images leaked
Here are the rumored TG-5 specs:
- A new 12-megapixel back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- TruePic VIII
- 4K 30p, Full HD 120 fps video
- Adopted anti-fogging glass to prevent fogging due to sudden temperature change
- “Pro capture mode” installed
- Waterproofing 15 m, Impact resistance 2.1 m, Load capacity 100 kgf, Low temperature resistance – 10 degrees
Olympus TG-4 is a perfect rugged camera. The features above shows that the TG-5 specs will bring major changes besides 4K video recording.
The exact date of the announcement is unknown at the moment. We expect the Tough TG-5 to become available soon, in a few days period. Stay tuned with us for more information.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".