Fujifilm has just announced the new Instax Square SQ10, a new hybrid instant camera that combines digital imaging technology with square film prints.
The Instax Square SQ10 is the first camera in the INSTAX series to be equipped with the newly developed hybrid INSTAX system. The camera uses a 1/4″ CMOS sensor to capture 3.6MP color images, and offers a 3″, 460k-dot LCD for composition and camera operation.
Images are printed in 1:1 format on 86 x 72mm film, which will sell for $17 for a pack of 10 sheets. The INSTAX SQUARE SQ10 will be available in May 2017 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $279.95.
Fujifilm Instax Square SQ10 is the First Hybrid Instax Camera
After a picture is taken, users can print, or save the image to the SQ10’s internal memory, save to the micro SD \ microSDHC card, or transfer from the camera to a computer using a micro-USB for ultimate flexibility. The internal memory can store around 50 photos, and the storage can be upgraded via a microSD card slot.
INSTAX SQUARE SQ10 Key Features:
- FUJIFILM INSTAX Square SQ10 with all-new hybrid INSTAX system
- 3” TFT color LCD monitor with 460K dots resolution
- ¼” CMOS image sensor with primary color filter
- 1920×1920 recorded pixels
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (NP-50) for up to 160 images per charge
- Images taken and edited / processed can be saved in the internal memory (up to about 50 images) or on microSD \ microSDHC card slot (sold separately)
- 28.5mm fixed focal length (in 35m format equivalent)
- F2.4 aperture
- Micro USB for internal battery recharging
- JPEG image file format
- Print from internal memory or micro SD \ microSDHC card
- Tripod mount
- New INSTAX SQUARE Film format (color) sold in 10 sheets per pack
o Screen size – 62mm×62mm (L×W)
o Film size – 86mm×72mm (L×W)
Fuji Instax Square SQ10 Videos
The Fujifilm Instax Square SQ10 will be available starting in May 2017 for $280. A pack of 10 square film shots will be available at the same time for $17.