Chinese drone manufacturer DJI & Hasselblad has announced a 100-Megapixel camera drone. The DJI M600 Pro drone features a Ronin-MX gimbal as well as the Hasselblad H6D-100c camera and captures 100MP images.
Featuring a 3.4 mm x 40.0 mm sensor, the drone is operated via the DJI GO app and a D-RTK GNSS navigation system. 6 rotors keep the drone in-flight and it also features the Lightbridge 2 transmission system, a dustproof propulsion system and six Intelligent Flight Batteries.
The DJI M600 Pro will be aimed at those who need precise and detailed aerial pictures. It will not only produce extremely high resolution images but users will be able to position the drone with what the company describes as ‘centimeter-level’ accuracy using the D-RTK GNSS navigation system.
The M600/Ronin-MX/H6D-100c platform will be released in the third quarter of 2017 at a price to be announced later.
DJI And Hasselblad Introduce World’s First 100-Megapixel Integrated Aerial Photography Platform
The Hasselblad H6D-100c camera is a triumph of camera technology, with a large 53.4 mm x 40.0 mm sensor. It offers outstanding detail, color reproduction and tonal range even in poor lighting conditions using the HC and HCD lens family.
The camera mounts on the drone through the Ronin-MX three-axis stabilized gimbal, which uses powerful motors and inertial measurement units to resist high G-forces, maintain stability and hold the horizon.
The M600/Ronin-MX/H6D-100c platform is the latest product collaboration since DJI assumed a stake in Hasselblad in late 2015. Their first joint product, released in July 2016, combined the M600 drone platform with the A5D medium format camera. Hasselblad remains the only medium format camera company collaborating with DJI to bring unprecedented quality to drone photography.
Additional information of M600/Ronin-MX/H6D-100c platform
- Drone users can continuously control camera operations in flight using the DJI GO app.
- The flight platform for the combination is the DJI M600 Pro drone, a six-rotor flight platform equipped with Lightbridge 2 transmission system, a dustproof propulsion system and six Intelligent Flight Batteries.
- The M600 Pro can be guided by the D-RTK GNSS navigation system, which can withstand strong magnetic interference to provide highly precise centimeter-level 3D positioning.
- The Hasselblad H6D-100c camera mounts on the drone through the Ronin-MX three-axis stabilized gimbal, which uses powerful motors and inertial measurement units to resist high G-forces, maintain stability and hold the horizon.
- The entire set will be released in the third quarter of 2017 at a price to be announced later.
Full press release available at DJI.