First specifications of the upcoming Olympus E-PL8 camera and FL-900R flash has been leaked online.
The mirrorless PEN-series camera is said to be delayed due to the earthquake in Kumamoto. Looks like the company will announce the E-PL8 camera and FL-900R flash at the Photokina 2016 event.
Olympus E-PL8 camera and FL-900R flash coming at Photokina show
From the leaked Olympus E-PL8 specs we can see that the new PEN-series model will feature 16-megapixel MFT sensor just like the previous model.
Rumored Olympus E-PL8 specs
- Color: Black White Brown
- Sensor: 16MP 4/3 type Live MOS sensor
- Image processing engine: TruePic VII
- AF distance measuring point: 81 area
- Continuous shooting: up to 8.5 frames / sec (continuous shooting H), up to 3.7 frames / second (continuous shooting L)
- Anti-shake: the body 3-axis camera shake correction about 3.5 stages
- Rear LCD: 3.0-inch about 1.04 million dot movable touch panel LCD (movable range: above about 80 degrees, below about 180 degrees)
- ISO: LOW (100 equivalent) – 25600
- Shutter speed: 1 / 4,000 to 60 seconds, bulb / time photography
- Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC card (UHS-I / II compatible)
- Battery: BLS-50
- 14 kinds of art filter
- Wi-Fi built-in (IEEE 8.02.1b / g / n)
Olympus FL-900R flash
- Guide number: 58 (ISO100 · m), when the wide panel use 14 (ISO100 · m)
- Irradiation angle: 12-100mm (35mm equivalent 24-200mm), wide panel when using 7-10mm (35mm equivalent 14-20mm)
- Size: 81.2 mm x 121.4 mm x 125.2 mm
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.