Metabones Released Firmware Update V1.6 for Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Smart Adapter and Speed Booster
Metabones released a new firmware update for Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Smart Adapter and Speed Booster.
Firmware update version 1.6 for Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster fixes several issues listed below.
Metabones latest Speed Booster whch allows Micro Four Thirds users to attach Canon EF lenses to their mirrorless cameras, increases MTF, widens the lens by 0.71x, and increases the maximum aperture by one f-stop.
Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster Adapter Firmware
This information is for the following models:
- Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed BoosterTM Adapter (model number MB_SPEF-M43-BM1)
- Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed BoosterTM S Adapter (model number MB_SPEF-M43-BM2)
Name: Firmware update V1.6 for Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed BoosterM / (S)
Release date: 1 Jun 2015
Benefits and improvements
- Fixed iris click noise issue while zooming a variable aperture zoom lens. Fixed OM-D E-M1 depth-of-field preview button inoperative issue.
- Improved connection reliability if lens is attached to adapter after camera is powered on.
- Fixed an intermittent pincushion distortion issue on Panasonic bodies.
- Fixed IBIS on OM-D series of Olympus cameras.
- Fixed lens hot swapping with passive MFT mount of BMCC.