Egami has discovered a new patent filed by Tamron in Japan. The new patent describes the Tamron 70-300mm f/4-6.3 Di III lens for 1-inch-type mirrorless cameras.
The patent has the “Di III” designation, which means that it has been created for mirrorless cameras.
If becomes available to the market, Tamron’s patented super-telephoto zoom lens will offer a 35mm equivalent of 189-810mm. See the details below.
Tamron 70-300mm f/4-6.3 Di III Lens Patent
Explanation self interpretation of patent literature
- Patent Publication No. 2014-228721
- Published 2014.12.8
- Filing date 2013.5.23
- Example 1
- The focal length f = 10.31-41.50-100.60mm
- Fno. 3.657-5.267-5.799
- Half angle ω = 40.1947-10.9138- 4.5726 °
- Example 2
- The focal length f = 10.30-38.91-100.21mm
- Fno. 3.6579- 5.0177- 5.8760
- Half angle ω = 40.250- 11.571-4.601 °
- Example 3
- The focal length f = 72.10- 148.41- 291.00mm
- Fno. 4.2519- 4.9044- 6.3077
- Half angle ω = 6.488-3.162-1.614 °