Egami spotted a new patent filed by Tamron in Japan. New patent describes a Tamron 15-50mm f/1.4 lens made for 1/1.7 inch sensor cameras.
Tamron 15-50mm f/1.4 lens will be equivalent to 70-233mm in size conversion.The lens design includes 12 pieces in 9 groups. See patent details below.
Tamron Patent for 15-50mm f/1.4 Lens
Description and self-interpretation of the patent literature
- Patent Publication No. 2014-56055
- Publication date 2014.3.27
- Filing date 2012.9.1
- Example 1
- Focal length f = 15.0-27.4-50.0mm
- Fno. = 1.41
- Half angle ω = 17.31-9.28-5.00 °
- 5-group zoom of positive and negative ShiboTadashi positive and negative
- Inner zoom
- Inner Focus (Group 4)
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".