Ricoh has released a new firmware update for the Ricoh GR point and shoot fixed lens camera. Ricoh GR firmware version 2.03 now available for download.
Firmware version 2.03 for Ricoh GR camera features support for Raw file transfer via Eye-Fi card, the ability to use 1/2500 sec shutter speed with maximum aperture and a 47mm equivalent crop mode. Also new is a ‘Maximum Aperture Priority’ setting available in Program and Manual exposure modes.
Ricoh GR Firmware Update V2.03 Available For Download
- Shutter speed at the maximum aperture can be set up to 1/2500 seconds.
- Changed the order of the icons for No.21 to No.25 in the shooting display (p.18).
- Pressing the shutter release button fully after starting up the camera in playback mode can switch to shooting mode.
- Added 47mm crop (in 35mm format).
Former [Crop to 35mm] has changed into [Crop]. It has three options: [OFF], [35mm] and [47mm].
When [35mm] or [47mm] is selected, [35mm] or [47mm] appears instead of [CROP] on the shooting screen (p.18).
- Added the program diagram in [Max Aperture Prior.].
Newly added [P Mode Selection] (can be set only in P mode and M mode) has two options: [Normal] and [Max Aperture Prior.] (Maximum Aperture Priority).
When [Max Aperture Prior.] is set in P mode, [PA] appears on the shooting screen.
- When [Program] is selected in [One Press M Mode] of the [Key Custom Options] menu (p.42), the aperture value and shutter speed are adjusted according to the [P Mode Selection] setting you set.
- Added [Shutter Button Confirmation].
- When set to [On], pressing the shutter release button halfway can save the settings in ADJ. mode or in exposure compensation.
- Added [Eye-Fi RAW Transfer] (available only when using Eye-Fi cards which support RAW files).
- It has two options: [Allow] and [Deny]. When [Deny] is selected at [Eye-Fi transfer Selected Images], RAW files are not transferred.
- When transfer images using [Eye-Fi transfer Selected Images], the number of remaining images to be transferred can be displayed on the playback screen.
- Image files with a folder number of over 200 can also be transferred at [Eye-Fi transfer Selected Images].
Changes to Ricoh GR Firmware Verison V2.03
- Exif tag [Manufacturer of image input equipment] change to RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
- When focus is set with [Multiple AF], AFL is spot AF
- Improved image quality for dark section when developing Dynamic Range Compensation [Strong] setting by RAW Development function of GR camera for RAW file that captured image with the Dynamic Range Compensation [Strong].
- When LCD Confirmation time is set [HOLD] and taking image with [Custom Self-Timer], automatically taking next image with setting Shooting interval.
- Improved image quality when developing RAW file with combining brightness correction and limb darkening correction.
- Standard icon is displayed when taking image with setting Image Setting to Standard and playback with detail information display mode.
- Improved color reproduction of white balance [Multi-P AUTO] for some scenes.
- Improved ColorMatrix for setting of DNG file.
- Improved image quality for taking image with ISO 1600 to 3200 and Noise Reduction setting [Weak],[Medium],[Strong] and [Auto].
- Improved stability when selecting transfer by Eye-Fi.
Ricoh GR Camera Price
The new Ricoh GR camera features a 28mm (equivalent) f2.8 lens (f3.5 in full frame) and an APS-C sensor with no low pass filter. This is the second APS-C sensored camera in the market after Nikon Coolpix A. Ricoh GR camera priced at $799.95.
Where to Buy Ricoh GR