Sony has announced the new Zeiss 16-70mm f4 e-mount lens. The Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS is a new, optically stabilised, 24-105mm equivalent standard zoom lens.
The new lens is compatible with Sony’s E-mount compact system cameras and camcorders, including all NEX series models and the new Sony A3000 camera.
The new Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* 16-70mm F4 zoom lens gives photographers the opportunity to experience legendary Carl Zeiss optical excellence in a supremely compact, easy-to-carry zoom lens.
The new Zeiss 16-70mm f4 features 16 lens elements in 12 groups, with an iris diaphragm featuring 7 rounded aperture blades. Weighing in at 308 grams, the Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS takes 55mm filters, and offers a 0.23x magnification and a minimum focus distance of 35cm.
Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Lens Price
Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS lens price is $998.00. The new Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS is available to buy from the camera stores below. The new lens starts shipping from September, 2013. Where to buy Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS lens.
|B&H Photo Video||$998.00||Buy Now|
Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Lens Specs
|Lens Type||Mid-range Zoom|
|Aperture (max / min)||f4.0 – .22|
|Focal Length (35mm equivalent)||APS-C: 16-70mm (35mm equivalent: 24-105)|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1 ft. 6 in. (.45m) (W), 3 ft. 1-1/2 in. (0.95m) (T)|
|Minimum Focus Distance||13-3/4 inches (.35m)|
|Dimensions||2.6 x 2.1″ (67 x 75mm)|
|Weight||10.8 lbs (308g)|
Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Lens Features
- Mid-range zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-105mm, covering wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications.
- Four aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range while also maintaining a compact form-factor.
- Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating enhances contrast, clarity, and color reproduction by countering the effects of lens flare and ghosting.
- Metal lens barrel increases durability and adds a refined aesthetic appearance.