Sony has announced the new 18-105mm f/4 G OSS lens. The Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS is the first ever G lens that has been created specifically for the Sony’s E-mount cameras and interchangeable-lens camcorders.
The premium all-around lens covers a generous 5.8x zoom range from 18mm – 105mm (full frame equivalent 27mm – 157.5mm) and is an ideal choice for travel photography as well as every day, general purpose shooting.
The Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS power zoom boasts an optical image stabiliser and 16 lens elements in 12 groups, including two ED glass elements and three aspherical lens elements.
A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and is especially beneficial when working with greater zoom magnifications in low-light conditions. Weighing in at 427 grams, the Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS takes 72mm filters, and offers a close-focus point of 45cm.
Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens Price
Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS lens price is $598.00. The new Sony 18-105mm F4 G is available to buy from the camera stores below. The new lens starts shipping from December, 2013. Where to buy Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS lens.
|B&H Photo Video||$598.00||Buy Now|
Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens Specs
|Lens Type||Mid-range Zoom|
|Aperture (max / min)||f4.0 – 22|
|Focal Length (35mm equivalent)||APS-C: 16-70mm (35mm equivalent: 24-105)|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1 ft. 6 in. (.45m) (W), 3 ft. 1-1/2 in. (0.95m) (T)|
|Dimensions||3.1 x 4.3″ (78 x 110mm)|
|Weight||1.1 lbs (482g)|
Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens Features
- Zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-158mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity.
- Handycam technology is used, along with a floating axis design, to provide smooth, quiet zooming performance that is well-suited to movie recording.
- Internal zoom and focus design helps to maintain a constant lens length with a non-rotating front element to support use of polarizing filters.
- Zoom lever allows greater control over the speed of zoom using either variable or fixed-speed settings.
- Separate, dedicated focusing ring permits direct manipulation of focus and gives way to separate power zoom and manual focus controls for greater precision.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.