Fujifilm has released a new firmware update for the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and Fujifilm X-E1 compact system cameras. The firmware update version 2.0.5 for the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and version 1.0.6 for the X-E1 cameras adds faster auto-focusing and the addition of a “Focus Peak Highlight” function.
The new firmware update also include a “Focus Frame Selection” option, a second “Fn” button, and aperture control for lenses without aperture rings.
Fujifilm will release another firmware updates (Versions 3.00 for the X-Pro1, and 2.00 for the X-E1) on July 23, which promise to improve autofocus speed with existing XF lenses, and add the much-requested ‘focus peaking’ function to aid manual focus.
Below are the details of the new firmware updates for the two cameras.
Fujifilm X-Pro1 V.2.05 and X-E1 V.1.06 Firmware Updates
FUJIFILM X-Pro1 Ver.2.05, FUJIFILM X-E1 Ver.1.06
1. Additional functionality to improve “one-handed” camera operation
- A ‘Focus Frame Selection’ option has been added to the ‘Fn’ (function) button.
This offers easier/quicker operation when setting the Focus Frame Selection using only your right hand.
- A second ‘Fn’ button can be allocated.
This enables you to allocate a function to the selector “down” button. The default setting is ‘Focus Frame Selection’ but this can be changed to whatever suits your shooting style.
2. Enable aperture control for lenses without aperture rings (XF 27mmF2.8 / XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS)
If you are using either of these lenses which do not feature aperture ring, this firmware update allows you to adjust the aperture setting by using the command dial.
Download firmware update: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/
23rd July firmware update
FUJIFILM X-Pro1 Ver.3.00, FUJIFILM X-E1 Ver.2.00
1. Improvement of AF speed. Improves AF speed on all existing XF lenses, thanks to the updated algorithm throughout the full range of focal length. Lenses covered:
- XF 14mm F2.8 R
- XF 18mmF2 R
- XF 35mmF1.4 R
- XF 60mmF2.4 R Macro
- XF 18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS