The Nikon Coolpix S800c is the first compact camera from a major manufacturer to openly use the Android mobile operating system. Nikon COOLPIX S800c, with the superior imaging power of a Nikon point-and-shoot camera and the capabilities of an Android smart device. Nikon Coolpix S800c is a 16MP BSI-CMOS compact camera with a 10x, 25-250mm lens built in, 3.5″ OLED touchscreen device running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
Nikon S800c Digital Camera Features
- The imaging power of a Nikon compact camera meets the wireless and sharing capabilities of an Android smart device, create beautiful images and videos andshare instantly and easily.
- Nikon image quality with powerful and versatile 10x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens brings faraway subjects up close great for both stills and videos.
- Optical VR image stabilization minimizes the effects of camera shake for sharp, clear still images and videos.
- 16.0 effective megapixel CMOS sensor produces beautiful detailed images even in challenging low light conditions.
- Share every moment instantly with easy to setup Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Enjoy the advanced possibilities of an Android smart device, check email and Facebook, browse the web, view photos and videos. Get access to thousands of Android apps on Google Play
- Advanced, easy to use 3.5-inch OLED high resolution Touch screen controls cameras operation and provides large display to view and share both stills and videos.
- Express your creativity with in camera effects and apps, shoot black and white or sepia. Set selective color or fisheye shots and with Android apps the creative possibilities will inspire you.
Nikon S800c Digital Camera Price
The price for Nikon Coolpix S800c is $349.95.
|Amazon.com||$349.00||Black | White|
|B&H Photo Video||$349.95||Buy Now|
Nikon S800c Digital Camera Specifications
|Type||Compact Digital Camera|
|Effective Pixels||16.0 million|
|Sensor Size||1/2.3 in.|
|Total Pixels||16.79 million (approx.)|
|Lens||10x optical Zoom, NIKKOR ED glass lens|
|Lens Focal Length||4.5-45.0mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 25-250 mm lens in 35mm  format)|
|Lens Construction||8 elements in 8 groups|
|Digital Zoom||Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 1000mm lens in 35mm  format)|
|Vibration Reduction||Combination of Lens-shift and Electronic VR (still pictures)|
|Autofocus (AF)||Contrast-detect TTL AF|
|Autofocus (AF) Focus-area Selection||Auto (9-area automatic selection)
|Focus Range||[W]: Approx. 1 ft. 8 in. (50 cm.) to infinity
[T]: Approx. 3 ft. 4 in. (1 m.) to infinity
Macro close-up mode: Approx. 4 in. (10 cm.) to infinity
|Monitor Size||3.5 in. diagonal|
|Monitor Type||OLED (touch panel) with Anti-reflection coating
Touch screen control
|Monitor Frame Coverage (shooting mode)||98% horizontal (Approx.)
98% vertical (Approx.)
|Monitor Frame Coverage (playback mode)||100% horizontal (Approx.)|
|Storage Media||SD memory card
SDHC memory card
|Internal Memory||Approx. 1.7GB|
|Storage File System||DCF
|Storage File formats||Still pictures: JPEG
Audio files: WAV
Movies: MOV (Video: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC stereo)
|Movie||Audio file format: AAC stereo
Full HD: 1920x1080p / 30fps
HD: 1280x720p / 30fps
Movie file format: MPEG-4 AVC H.264
Standard TV: 640×480 / 30fps
|Image Size (pixels)||4608 x 3456 (16M)|
|ISO Sensitivity||ISO 125-3200
ISO 3200 (available when using Auto mode)
|Lowest ISO Sensitivity||125|
|Highest ISO Sensitivity||3200|
|Exposure Metering||256-segment matrix, center-weighted (digital zoom less than 2X)
Spot (digital zoom 2X or more)
|Exposure Control||Programmed auto exposure
Exposure compensation (-2.0 to +2.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)
|Exposure Modes||Programmed Auto|
|Scene Modes||Back Light
Black and White Copy
|In-Camera Image Editing||Border
|Exposure Compensation||+/- 2 EV in steps of 1/3|
|Shutter||Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter|
|Shutter Speed||1/2000-1 sec.
1/4000 sec. (maximum speed during high-speed continuous shooting)
4 sec. (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show)
|Top Continuous Shooting Speed Full Res||Up to 3 shots at approx. 8 frames per second|
|Continuous Shooting Options||Best Shot Selector
Continuous H 60
Continuous H 120
|Aperture||Electronically controlled ND filter (-2.0 AV) insertion|
|Self-timer||Can be selected from 10 and 2 seconds duration|
|Built-in Flash Range (ISO: auto)||[W]: 0.5 to 5.6m (1ft 8in. to 18ft.)
[T]: 1.0 to 3.1m (3ft 4in. to 10ft.)
|Built-in Flash Control||TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes|
|Interface Data Transfer Protocol||MTP
|HDMI Output||Can be selected from:
|I/O terminal||Digital I/O (USB)
HDMI Mini Connector (HDMI output)
Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
|Power Sources||One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied)|
|Charging Time||4 hours when battery is fully discharged (using Charging AC Adapter EH-69P/EH-69C) (Approx.)|
|Battery||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12|
|Battery Life (shots per charge)||Still pictures: Approx. 140 shots|
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Dimensions HxWxD||2.4 x 4.4 x 1.1″ / 60 x 111.4 x 27.2mm|
|Weight||6.5 oz / 184g with battery and memory card|
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".