The Canon EOS 6D Digital Camera is a full-frame 20.2MP DSLR offering exceptionally high image quality and detail while providing compatibility and convenience through its design and features.
When paired with the powerful DIGIC 5+ image processor and 14-bit A/D conversion, the full-frame sensor is capable of recording vivid imagery with expanded sensitivity up to ISO 102400. The processing power also affords intelligent noise reduction techniques and the ability to record continuous still images at a rate up to 4.5 full resolution fps.
Canon EOS 6D digital SLR camera features a 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, a wide ISO range of 100-25600, expandable to L: 50, H1: 51200, and H2: 102400, for incredible image quality even in low light. Canon EOS 6D has a DIGIC 5+ Image Processor delivers enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
A new 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV -3 sensitivity allows focusing in extreme low-light conditions, and with continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps, you are ready to capture fast action.
Canon EOS 6D Features
- Newly designed 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, a wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L: 50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) for shooting from bright to dim light, and the next generation DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
- New 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV-3 sensitivity for focusing in extreme low-light conditions and a bright, high-quality viewfinder for easy focusing.
- iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- Continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps for capturing fast-action.
- EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p(29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p) with 4 GB automatic file partitioning (continuous recording time: 29 minutes, 59seconds), selectable “All i-frame” (UHS-I Card is required) or IPB compressions
- Built-in Wi-Fi® transmitter allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#, share your images with Wi-Fi® enabled Canon cameras, or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android smartphone – Use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation (Requires EOS Remote app)
- Built-in GPS## Receiver records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information for geotagging images when shooting.
- Compact and lightweight body with shutter durability tested up to 100,000 cycles, enhanced dust-and-weather resistance, and EOS Integrated Cleaning Systemfor improved vibration-based dust removal.
- 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor, 160° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection resistance with multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Multiple Exposure modes expand creative possibilities, and Scene Intelligent Auto and Special Scene Modes lets you achieve high-quality images with ease
- Compatible with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including new Ultra High-Speed (UHS-I) cards.
Canon EOS 6D Technical Specifications
|Type||Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera|
|Recording Media||SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card
* Compatible with Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) memory cards.
|Image Sensor Size||35.8mm x 23.9mm (Full-Frame)|
|Compatible Lenses||Canon EF lenses (except EF-S and EF-M lenses)|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF mount|
|Image Sensor Type||CMOS Sensor|
|Pixels||Effective pixels: Approx. 20.2 megapixels|
|Total Pixels||Total pixels: Approx. 20.6 megapixels|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)|
|Pixel Unit||6.55 um square|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)|
|Color Filter System||RGB primary color filters|
|Low-pass Filter||Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor|
|Dust Deletion feature||Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
|Recording Format||Complies with Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and EXIF 2.30|
|Image Type||Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), RAW+JPEG
Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)
|RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording||Yes
Large RAW and JPEG images are recorded simultaneously
|Size||Large: Approx. 20.0 megapixels (5,472 x 3,648)
Medium: Approx. 8.9 megapixels (3,648 x 2,432)
Small 1: Approx. 5.0 megapixels (2,736 x 1,824)
Small 2: Approx. 2.5 megapixels (1920 x 1280)
Small 3: Approx. 350,000 pixels (720 x 480)
RAW: Approx. 20.0 megapixels (5,472 x 3,648)
M RAW: Approx. 11.0 megapixels (4,104 x 2,736)
S RAW: Approx. 5.0 megapixels (2,736 x 1,824)
|File Numbering||Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset|
|Color Space||sRGB, Adobe RGB|
|Picture Style||Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3|
|Backup Recording||Not Availabled|
|White Balance Settings||Auto, Preset (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash), Custom (Approx. 2,000° – 10,000°K), Color Temperature (Approx. 2,500° – 10,000°K), White Balance Correction, and White Balance Bracketing|
|Auto White Balance||Auto white balance with the image sensor|
|Color Temperature Compensation||Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
* Correction based on the current WB mode’s color temperature
|Color Temperature Info Transmission||Provided|
|Viewfinder Type||Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentaprism)|
|Viewfinder Coverage||Vertical/Horizontal approx. 97%|
|Viewfinder Magnification / Angle||Approx. 0.71x / 33.3 Degree|
|Viewfinder Eyepoint||Approx. 21mm (from eyepiece lens center)|
|Built-in Dioptric Adjustment||-3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)|
|Focusing Screen||Eg-A II provided. Interchangeable with Eg-D and Eg-S. Incompatible with Eg-A.|
|Viewfinder Mirror||Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)|
|Viewfinder Information||AF information:AF points and focus confirmation
Exposure information: Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, exposure warning
Flash information:Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock
Image information:Highlight tone priority (D+), maximum burst (2-digit display), card information
Composition information: Electronic level
|Depth-of-Field Preview||Enabled with depth-of-field preview button|
|AF Points||11 pointsall cross-type AF (f/2.8 at center: Dual Cross Sensor)
Center: cross-type at f/5.6; vertical line-sensitive at f/2.8.
Upper and lower AF points: vertical line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.
Other AF points: Horizontal line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.
|AF Working Range||Center AF Point: EV -3 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
Other AF points: EV +0.5 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
|Focusing Modes||Autofocus: One-Shot AF – AI Servo AF – AI Focus AF
|AF Point Selection||Automatic selection
|Selected AF Point Display||Displayed or indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor.|
IR AF-assist beam only
|Metering Modes||Max. aperture TTL metering with 63-zone SPC with the following selectable modes:
1) Evaluative metering
2) Partial metering (center: approx. 8% of viewfinder)
3) Spot metering (center: approx. 3.5% of viewfinder)
4) Center-weighted average metering
|Metering Range||EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)|
|Exposure Control||Creative Zone
Program AE (Shiftable), Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Manual exposure, Bulb, Custom shooting mode,
Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable), Creative Auto
Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control mode
|ISO Speed (Recommended Exposure Index)||Auto and Manual setting range of ISO 100-25600 (expansion possible to ISO 50, ISO 51200 and 102400) in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments)|
|Exposure Compensation||Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
AEB : ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
|Shutter Type||Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled|
|Shutter Speeds||1/4000 to 30 sec., X-sync at 1/180 sec. (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)|
|Shutter Release||Soft-touch electromagnetic release|
|Shutter Lag Time||(1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: approx. 0.060 sec.
(2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.144 sec.
* Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3.5 stops or less (Excludes AF operation time).
|Self-timer||10-sec. or 2-sec. delay|
|Compatible Speedlites||EX-series Speedlites|
|Flash Metering||E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering)|
|Flash Exposure Compensation||±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments|
|External Speedlite Control||Provided
* Compatible with radio wireless flash photography.
|Drive Modes||(1) Single shooting
(2) Continuous shooting
(3) Silent single shooting
(4) Silent continuous shooting
(5) 10-sec. self-timer/Remote control
(6) 2-sec. self-timer
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Continuous shooting: Max. approx. 4.5 fps
Silent continuous shooting: Max. approx. 3.0 fps
|Maximum Burst||Based on 8GB memory Card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 73 Shots
RAW: Approx. 14 Shots
RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 7 Shots
Based on 8GB UHS-I memory card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 1250 Shots
RAW: Approx. 17 Shots
RAW + JPEG Large/Fine: 8 Shots
1. FlexiZone – Single * One-point, contrast AF. Switching to another AF point is possible.
2. Face Detection Live mode
* Face detection, contrast AF. Face is selectable.
2. Face Detection Live mode
* Face detection, contrast AF. Face is selectable.
3. Quick Mode AF
* Phase-difference AF with 11 AF points.
(2) Manual Focus 1. Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
|Metering Modes||Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor.
(1) Evaluative metering (315 zones)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 11% of Live View screen)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 3% of Live View screen)
(4) Center-weighted average metering
|Metering Range||EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)|
|Grid Display||Provided (Two-type grid displays)|
|Silent Shooting||Provided (Mode 1 and 2)|
|Video File Format||MOV (Image data: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264)
Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Video Frame Rates||1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p
1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
|Video ISO Range||Auto ISO range: ISO 100-12800
Manual ISO range: ISO 100-12800 in 1/3- or whole-stop increments (expandable to H: ISO 16000/20000/25600)
* If highlight tone priority is set, automatically set within ISO 200 or higher.
|Video Shooting Time||Based on 8GB Memory card
[1920 x 1080]
30 fps/25 fps/24 fps:
32 min. with IPB compression
11 min. with All-I compression
[1280 x 720]
60 fps/50 fps:
37 min. with IPB compression
12 min. with All-I compression
[640 x 480]
30 fps/25 fps:
97 min. with IPB or All-I compression
|LCD Monitor Type||TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
|Monitor Size||3.0-inches (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
7.7cm diagonal (6.37cm wide, 4.25cm high)
|Monitor Dots||Approx: 1,040,000 dots|
|Monitor Coverage||Approx. 100%|
|Brightness Adjustment||Manually adjustable to one of 7 levels|
|Interface Languages||25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian,Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)|
|Image Playback Display Format||Single image display
Two types of single-image full display, two types of shooting information
o 4-image index and 9-image index
Jump 1/10/100 images, Shooting Date, Folder, Movies, Stills, or Rating
|Highlight Alert||With single-image display (Info.) and single-image display, overexposed highlight areas will blink.|
|Histogram||Brightness and RGB can be displayed.|
|USB Terminal||For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)|
|Audio/Video (Out) Terminal||Audio/Video (Out) Terminal (1) AV stereo OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
(2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal (Type C)
|Remote Control Terminal||N3-type terminal|
|Battery||One Battery Pack LP-E6
With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6, AC power is possible.
With Battery Grip BG-E13, two battery packs (LP-E6) can be used. Or six AA-sized/LR6 batteries can be used
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 5.7 x 4.4 x 2.8 in./ 144.5 x 110.5 x 71.2mm|
|Weight||Approx. 26.7 oz. / 755g (CIPA standard)
Approx. 24.0 oz. / 680g (Body only)
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".