Olympus has announced the M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm F2.8 Pro lens along with the MC-14 1.4x teleconverter.
The weather-resistant Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO zoom is a dust, splash and freezeproof telephoto zoom lens covers a range equivalent to 80-300mm.
The mft lens uses a dual-linear motor to power focusing of two high-grade lens elements, and provides an internal zoom construction to maintain the same overall length as it’s zoomed. The MC 1.4x teleconverter when used with the 40-150mm lens boosts the equivalent telephoto reach to 420mm.
Olympus Unveils The M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Weather-Resistant Lens
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens Price
The M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f2.8 Pro lens will be available in November for $1499.99. Also coming in November, the MC-14 1.4x teleconverter will cost $349.99.
|Buy Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens|
|Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens||$1499.99||Amazon | Adorama|
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens Specifications
- Micro Four Thirds Mount
- 80-300mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- 1 Aspherical, 1 HD, and 5 ED Elements
- ZERO Lens Coating
- Dual VCM AF System
- Manual Focus Clutch & L-Fn Button
- Minimum Focus Distance: 27.6″
- Dust, Freeze & Splash-Proof Construction
- Lens Hood & Case Included
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens Features
- The Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical, or ZERO, coating features a thin-coating technology works to produce a clear and high contrast image due to reduced reflection on its surface. The coating also benefits from the vacuum deposition method to prevent scratches to ensure stable low-reflective performance.
- Lens construction features 16 elements in 10 groups for maintaining a compact form factor.
- Specialized elements include extra-low dispersion aspherical, super extra-low dispersion, extra-low dispersion, and a high refractive index for control over aberrations and distortion.
- The MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter is available for further extending the reach of this lens.
- The lens hood can retract where it can lock to prevent extension during user. Also, it will automatically lock when slid to the fully extended position.
Hermetically sealed in 11 places for complete splash-, dust-, and freeze-resistance.
- Features a rotatable tripod collar for when additional support is needed.
THE OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO® ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO LENS
Olympus’ First M.ZUIKO PRO Telephoto Zoom Lens Delivers Ultimate Optical Performance in a Portable, Lightweight Body
CENTER VALLEY, Pa., September 15, 2014 – Professional quality telephoto shooting is now more portable than ever with the introduction of the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO lens (80-300mm in 35mm equivalent). This latest Olympus lens is the first telephoto in the M.ZUIKO PRO series that features a dust, splash and freezeproof construction, durable enough to withstand the rigors of professional shooting, when combined with the Olympus OM-D E-M1®.
The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO lens maintains a constant f2.8 aperture for bright, superior optical performance that meets the needs of professional photographers. It incorporates the world’s first focusing system to power two high-grade lens elements using dual linear VCM (Voice Coil Motor) motors, for quiet, fast focusing on subjects such as fast moving subjects at sporting events. This lens is also perfect for wedding or event photography. With a minimum focus distance of just 20 inches from the front of the lens at all focal lengths, a dedicated Function button, manual focus clutch and a sliding, protective lens hood, the new M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO is versatile, portable and easy-to-use. An inner zoom mechanism allows the lens to maintain its portable size of just over 6 inches.
More Zoom Power
For anyone in need of even more zoom power, the MC-1.4x teleconverter boosts the zoom range of the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO lens to a 420mm equivalent, and offers the same dust, splash and freezeproof build quality of the rest of the PRO series – making it ideal for shooting in the field, even in the rain.
Olympus has also developed a professional-grade lens filter for the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO lens. The first filter of its kind in the series, the PRF-ZD72 PRO incorporates ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating, to eliminate scratches on the lens and as well reduces ghosting and lens flare, even in very bright situations, for the clearest images. These filters also feature an anti-reflective, alumite-coated black matte barrel. Identical protection will be available for the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-40mm f2.8 PRO lens, the PRF-ZD62 PRO.
U.S. Pricing and Availability
The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens will be available in November, 2014. Estimated Street Price: $1,499.99
The MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter will be available in November, 2014.Estimated Street Price: $349.99
For a complete list of specifications, visit the Olympus website: http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/lenses/pen-omd/m-zuiko-ed-40-150mm-f2-8-pro.html
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".