More information about the Sony A7S IV continues to leak. According to the latest rumors, the Sony A7S IV full-frame mirrorless camera will use a new dual-layer sensor.
Sony has registered two high-end camera models in China. One of them would be the long-awaited Sony A9 III (expected to be announced on November 8th). The other one should be Sony A7S IV. The second one which is Alpha A7S IV can be expected to appear in 2024.
Sony A7S IV is rumored to be the first camera to use the new dual-layer transistor pixel stacked sensor used on the Xperia. In theory, this means that the S/N ratio is twice that of Sony A7S III, resulting in a wider dynamic range and cleaner images.
Although Sony A7S IV is not compatible with 8K, it is said that it will be compatible with 6K with higher pixel resolution, but considering the still aspect ratio, it will likely use a sensor with a pixel count of around 24 million pixels.
These are the first details about the Sony A7S IV specs. Latest rumors suggests that the Sony a7S IV will be released in 2024 to replace the current Sony a7S III.
Here is the full list Sony cameras that has already announced in 2023:
- Sony a7C II: Announcement on August 29th 2023, $2,198 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Sony a7C R: Announcement on August 29th, 2023, $2,998 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Sony a6700: Announcement on July 12th, 2023, $1,398 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Sony ZV-1 II: Announcement on May 23rd, 2023, $898 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Sony ZV-E1: Announcement on March 29th, 2023, $2,198 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Sony a7R V: Announcement on October 26th, 2022, $3,898 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Stay tuned for more info.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography