The Nikkor Z 600mm F6.3 VR S super-telephoto prime in short supply. Nikon Japan issued a notice that the new Nikon NIKKOR Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Lens will be in short supply.
So if you want to get as far to the front of the list as you can, you should probably go ahead and pre-order now. Otherwise you will be waiting a very long time.
From Nikon Japan:
We have received more orders for the NIKKOR Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S than expected, so it may take some time for delivery.
So thank you in advance for your understanding.
The Nikkor Z 600mm F6.3 VR S is 278mm (11″) long and at 1,390g (3lbs), Nikon also claims it’s the lightest and smallest 600mm in its class. However, it’s an odd claim and should be noted that “in its class” is doing a lot of stretching as there are no other 600mm lenses around F6.3 on the market.
Nikkor Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S PF lens pre-order links:
NIKKOR Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Specs
- SR and ED glass control aberrations and colour fringing.
- Nano Crystal Coat counters ghosting and flare for superb clarity.
- Near silent AF
- Up to 6-stop VR image stabilisation
- Rubber gaskets keep dust, dirt, and moisture away
- Nikon’s fluorine coating makes the front element easy to clean
- Functions can be assigned to the L-Fn buttons and the silent control ring
- Memory-set button
- AF and VR are available while using Z teleconverters.
- Weighs 1470g