The new Samyang AF 35-150mm f/2-2.8 FE mirrorless lens is now available for pre-order. The US price of the Samyang AF 35-150mm f/2.0-2.8 FE lens for Sony E-mount is $1,399. Check availablity at Amazon.DE, Amazon UK, Amazon US. The similar Tamron version is priced at $1,899.
Samyang AF 35-150mm F2-2.8 FE Lens has a maximum aperture of F2 at its widest and F2.8 at the telephoto end. It is a Fast All Around Zoom lens for Sony Mirrorless cameras.
The new Samyang lens includes 21 elements across 18 groups, including a hybrid aspherical lens, two aspherical optics, three high refractive, and six extra-low dispersion glass elements. The Tamron lens has 21 elements, too, although they’re arranged over 15 groups.
Samyang AF 35-150mm f/2-2.8 FE Lens Specs
- Aperture range: wide angle: F2.0 – F16, tele: F2.8 – F22
- Optical design: 21 elements in 18 groups
- Special lenses: ASP 2, HB 1, HR 3, ED 6
- Coating: Ultra Multi Coating
- Minimum focusing distance: 33 cm (Wide) and 85 cm (Tele)
- Zoom ratio: 0.175x(1:5.7) and 0.18x(1:5.5)
- Number of aperture blades: 9
- Filter Diameter: 82mm
- Max Diameter: 92.8mm
- Mount: Sony FE
- Viewing angle: full frame – 61.8˚ and 16.4˚, APS-C – 43.3˚ and 11.0˚
- Length: 157.4mm (Wide) and 197.9mm (Tele)
- Weight (excluding lens cap and hood): 1224 g
- All weather seal
Here a first review from Tom Calton: