OM SYSTEM will announce the new OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens on February 8th, 2023. Development of the OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f3.5 Macro ISO Pro was announced back in September 2022 in a road map update.
This lens has a total length of 136mm and a weight of 453g, the overall length is 2-3cm shorter than the ” M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO “, and the weight seems to be about 300g lighter. It’s a little long, but it looks like it’s going to be a telephoto macro lens with good portability.
Compatible with the Micro Four Thirds system, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm F3.5 Macro IS PRO will act as a 180mm equivalent stabilized macro lens offering up to 2:1 magnification (4X in 35mm equivalent terms). It joins the company’s premium ‘Pro’ lens lineup and will be dust and moisture resistant to a rating of IP53, making it well suited for use with similarly well-sealed sealed camera bodies.
Here are the leaked specifications of the upcoming M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens.
- OM SYSTEM M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 90mm F3.5 Macro IS PRO
Suggested retail price: 231,000 yen including tax
Release date: February 24, 2023
- OM SYSTEM OM-1 12-40mm F2.8 PRO II Kit
Scheduled release date: February 24, 2023
M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens Specifications
- Lens construction: 18 elements in 13 groups (2 super ED lenses, 4 ED lenses, 1 super HR, 1 HR)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 22.4cm
- Maximum magnification: 2.0x (35mm equivalent: 4.0x)
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Size: φ69.8 x 136mm
- Weight: 453g
- Image stabilization effect: maximum 6 steps (Lens IS), maximum 7 steps (Sync IS)
- Dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof performance