Olympus PEN E-P7 and M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens
Olympus will announce the new Olympus PEN E-P7 camera and M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens.The official announcement is on June 9th and the 8-25mm lens will start shipping on June 25. When it comes to the price, the wide-angle zoom Micro Four Thirds lens will cost around $1099.99 (the LH-76E lens hood will be $34.99).
Olympus 8-25mm f/4 lens designed for Micro Four Thirds system mirrorless cameras. The focal length of 8-25mm and constant aperture of f/4 is intended for the most important range of wide angle shots. For an alternative here is the already popular 7-14mm f/2.8 lens which costs $1300 at B&H.
Here are the pricing info and more new images of the upcoming Olympus PEN E-P7 and 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens.
Olympus PEN E-P7 Body
Olympus PEN E-P7 14-42mm EZ Kit
M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm F4.0 PRO
Price：¥140800 Pre-orders are available at BHphoto, Adorama.
Here is the Google translated press text of Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens
- Compact, lightweight, high-magnification zoom lens boasting 3.1x from ultra-wide-angle 16mm equivalent to 50mm equivalent Achieves a maximum zoom magnification of 3.1x as a zoom lens equivalent to an ultra-wide-angle lens of 16mm, and supports a wide range of shooting scenes from a dynamic angle of view in the ultra-wide-angle range to a standard angle of view. To do. In order to achieve miniaturization, we adopted the collapsible mechanism for the first time in the “M.ZUIKO PRO” series. Although it is a high-magnification zoom lens from an ultra-wide angle, it weighs 411g and is highly portable, supporting light shooting.
- High optical performance unique to the “M.ZUIKO PRO” series Thorough attention is paid to optical performance, and special lenses such as super ED lenses, ED lenses, and EDA lenses are used in the lens configuration of 16 elements in 10 groups. It thoroughly suppresses various aberrations such as chromatic aberration, and realizes high-resolution and sharp depiction unique to the “M.ZUIKO PRO” series over the entire zoom range. In addition, the adoption of his large DSA lens significantly reduces sagittal coma aberration. Even with the aperture open, it has excellent point image reproducibility from the center to the periphery of the image, and is very useful for night scenes and starscapes. In addition, the ZERO coating and optimized lens shape significantly reduce the occurrence of ghosts and flares during backlight photography, achieving sharp, high-definition depictions. Since the open F value does not change in the entire focal range, you can easily control the exposure even when shooting with zooming or shooting movies.
- Maximum shooting magnification 0.42x close-up shooting performance You can enjoy powerful macro shooting with a maximum shooting magnification of 0.42x, which is close to half macro. The shortest shooting distance is 0.23m, which is constant over the entire zoom range, so you can easily adjust the angle of view by operating the zoom ring after approaching the subject. It also supports a depth-of-field composition mode that combines in-camera photos with a deep depth of field that are in focus from the front to the back, enabling a variety of macro expressions.
- Durable performance that is safe even in harsh environments The highly reliable “M.ZUIKO PRO” series has achieved excellent drip-proof performance, dust-proof performance, and -10 ° C low-temperature resistance equivalent to IPX1. By combining with the OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 and E-M5 series, you can shoot with confidence even in harsh environments such as rain and snow. In addition, the front lens is coated with fluorine so that even if it gets dirty, it can be easily removed with a blower or cloth.
- Although it is a super wide-angle lens, it can also be fitted with a filter. It is possible to attach a filter to the tip of the lens, even though it is equivalent to an ultra-wide angle of 16mm. By installing a PL filter with a filter diameter of 72 mm and his ND filter, he can enjoy shooting in a variety of expressions.
- “Manual focus clutch mechanism” that can instantly switch from autofocus to manual ・ L-Fn button is placed on the side so that you can change the setting while holding it with one action with your thumb.
Olympus PEN E-P7 Press text
- Thoroughly pursuing a simple and high-quality design, the compact and lightweight body “OLYMPUS PEN E-P7” with beautiful details thoroughly pursues the simplicity and high quality that are the features of the “OLYMPUS PEN” series, and the front and rear Each dial of the is a neat and sophisticated design with detailed details such as machined aluminum parts. Body alone 337g (CIPA compliant, including rechargeable battery and memory card), only 430g when combined with standard zoom lens “M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ”, from one 500ml pet bottle It is a light, easy-to-carry camera that you can enjoy shooting lightly.
- Live MOS sensor and image processing engine that make the best use of the descriptive power of “M.ZUIKO”, 5-axis camera shake correction in the body
The combination of the 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor and the high-speed image processing engine “TruePic VIII” brings out the high descriptive power of the “M.ZUIKO” lens. Equipped with 5-axis image stabilization inside the body that provides a correction effect of up to 4.5 steps, you can enjoy high image quality that does not blur even when shooting street snapshots such as when you hold the shutter and release the shutter. He also has the well-established “Face Priority / Eye Priority AF” for professional models in the OM-D series, which automatically detects and focuses on the face and eyes even if the face or eyes are partially hidden. continue.
- Equipped with “Profile Control” and “Art Filter” that allow you to enjoy creative photo expression The front of the body is equipped with a dedicated switch that allows you to instantly switch to “Profile Control” while holding it. By utilizing the “Color Profile Control” that allows you to finely adjust the 12 saturations, shading, highlights and shadows, and the “Monochrome Profile Control” that allows you to set the color filter effect and grain film effect that are indispensable for monochrome photography. , You can enjoy your favorite creative photo expression. The “Art Filter”, which allows you to easily enjoy unique photographic expressions, also has a fine tune that allows you to adjust the effect of the filter just by moving the slider displayed on the monitor up and down.
- Compatible with the convenient smartphone application “OI.Share” that can also be used as an automatic photo transfer or remote control
- Tilt-type LCD monitor that supports wide-angle shooting that is convenient for self-portraits ・ Advanced Photo (AP) that allows you to easily enjoy difficult shooting such as multiple exposure and live composite mode
- In-body 5-axis image stabilization enables handheld high-definition 4K video recording ・ Supports USB charging that can be charged inside the camera from a mobile battery, etc. (Camera terminal is USB Micro-B)
- Body size is 118.3mm (W) x 68.5mm (H) x 38.1mm (D)
Stay tuned with us for more information. Read more Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.