Olympus filed a patent about a new macro lens. The patent application JP2019-164276 describes the design of the 100mm Olympus 100mm f/2.8 Macro IS PRO lens.
Both of these M.Zuikos achieve 1X magnification, also known as “1:1 life-size reproduction ratio”. The major advantage of a longer macro lens is increased working distance. We believe the Olympus 100mm f/2.8 Macro IS PRO lens will provide real-life 1:1 macro size. It would be a good option for macro photography and the MFT glass will be a PRO optic.
The 100mm f/2.8 Olympus Macro equates to a 200mm telephoto. That’s a pretty nice focal length for a fast f/2.8 lens. This lens is yet not mentioned on the official Olympus lens roadmap.
The company is planning to release new zoom and fast prime Pro lenses as well as less expensive super telephoto and travel zoom lenses.
- M.Zuiko Pro Telephoto Zoom Lens (expect 50-225mm)
- M.Zuiko Pro Telephoto Zoom Lens (expect 70-250mm)
- M.Zuiko Pro Wide Zoom Lens (possibly 8-18mm or 8-25mm)
- M.Zuiko Pro Standard Zoom Lens
- M.Zuiko Pro Bright Prime Lenses
- M.Zuiko High Magnification Zoom Lens (expect 14-210mm)
- M.Zuiko Super Telephoto Zoom Lens (expect 100-400mm)
Stay tuned with us for more information. Read more Olympus Mirrorless news and Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.