Full specs of the upcoming Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 Lens have been leaked. As from the listing we can see that the price tag would be $1,797, means isn’t that expensive as mentioned before.
Panasonic USA authorized dealer Focus Camera has already leaked the full specs and US price of Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 Lens today. The US price for this lens is $1,797.99.
As expected the upcoming MFT glass should deliver superb image quality like the Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 or the 25mm f/1.4 MFT lens. However from the first images the Panasonic 10-25mm f/1.7 lens looks big.
- Focal length: 10-25mm (35mm camera equivalent 20-50mm)
- Aperture range: f/1.7 to f/16
- Leica L-mount (Micro Four Thirds) lens
- 17 elements in 12 groups construction
- 3 aspherical lenses, 4 ED lenses and 1 UHR lens
- 9 rounded diaphragm blades
- Stepless “de-clicked” aperture ring
- Micro-step drive aperture system
- Barycentric stability reduces brightness shifts during zoom
- Clutch focus improves AF/MF switching and manual focusing
Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 Lens – H-X1025
LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. H-X1025 from Panasonic is built for mirrorless Micro Four Thirds mount cameras and enables F1.7 aperture brightness throughout the entire 20-50mm (35mm camera equivalent) zoom range with exceptionally high optical performance clearing the stringent LEICA standards. Suitable not only for photo shooting but also for video recording to satisfy both professional photographers and videographers.
LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX
LEICA Camera AG’s strict quality standards optimized for photo/video has been developed into this ruggedized mirrorless Micro Four Thirds mount lens.
F1.7 Full Range
F.17 high-speed aperture brightness is available across the entire zoom range of 10-25mm (35mm camera equivalent of 20-50mm).
Comprising 17 elements in 12 groups, the lens system features three aspherical lenses and four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lenses that effectively suppress the axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification. Spherical aberration and distortion are also corrected by the aspherical lenses for stunningly high resolution. The use of aspherical lenses and the optimum design of the lens system results in a compact size and light weight despite its outstanding optical performance.
Compatibility with a maximum 240-fps high-speed sensor drive realizes high-speed, high-precision autofocusing. Notably, the new lens excels in video recording performance. In addition to the silent operation achieved by the inner focus drive system, the stepless “de-clicked” aperture ring and micro-step drive system in the aperture control section help the camera to smoothly catch up to brightness changes when zooming or panning. The optical design achieves exceptional barycentric stability to minimize image shifts during zooming. Adoption of a focus clutch mechanism enables instant AF/MF switching and accurate manual focusing. The lens also excels in video recording performance with a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing, which was a fatal problem of all interchangeable lenses designed for still image photography.
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups (3 aspherical lenses, 4 ED lenses, 1 UHR lens)
- Mount: Micro Four Thirds mount
- Focal length: f=10-25mm (35mm camera equivalent 20-50mm)
- Aperture type: 9 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Maximum aperture: F1.7
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Closest focusing distance: 0.28m / 0.92′
- Maximum magnification: Approx. 0.14x / 0.28x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal angle of view: 94° (Wide) – 47° (Tele)
- Dust and splash resistant: Yes*
- *Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
- Recommended operating temperature: -10°C to 40°C (14°F to 104°F)
- Filter size: φ77mm
- Maximum diameter: φ87.6mm / 3.45″
- Overall length: Approx. 128mm / 5.04″ (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Weight: Approx. 690g / 24.34oz (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)
- Model number: H-X1025
Stay tuned with us for more information.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".