At Photokina 2018 press event, Sony announced that they will release 12 more native E-mount lenses in near future. This would bring the total number of lenses to 60, up from the 48 currently available – 30 of these being full-frame E-mount lenses.
According to the Sony Photokina 2018 live stream they will also add AI to next Sony cameras, and Eye AF to work on animals. This post will be updated frequently so check back later.
See also : Best Sony Full Frame E Mount Lenses
Sony Set To Launch 12 New E-Mount Lenses
Sony say they are planning to release 12 more Sony E-Mount lenses in the near future.
- Sony has the #1 share of the full frame market in the world
- They’re #1 in mirrorless share in the world.
- Sony is #1 when it comes to sensor manufacturing and EVF manufacturing
- The resolution of the full frame sensor has gone beyond what 35mm film is capable of doing.
- Their new XA lens elements are designed to achieve high surface precision
- The E mount system has 48 lenses
- Sony will be adding more lenses to the system to make it up to 60 in the near future. They didn’t say what lenses are coming though.
- Sony’s Eye AF is more advanced than those from other companies’.
- Eye AF is coming to animals soon
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".