The Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD lens (Model A036) for Sony FE mount full specs, release date, and pricing information unveiled. The is the first third-party standard zoom that is created natively for the Sony full frame E-mount.
The Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD is a direct competitor to the native Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 GM lens which is priced at $2,198. There will be a huge difference when compared their prices. So what about the size and specs difference of both lenses. Check out the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD vs Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM comparison.
The lens was designed from the ground up for Sony full-frame mirrorless cameras. The lens weighs in at just 19.4oz (550g) and measures just 4.6in (11.6cm) long. Optically, the construction has 15 elements in 12 groups, including an XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) element, a LD (Low Dispersion) element, a GM (Glass Molded Aspherical) element, and two hybrid aspherical elements.
Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD lens specifications
- Model: A036
- Focal Length: 28-75mm
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8
- Angle of View (diagonal): 75°-32° for full-frame and 52°-21° for APS-C
- Optical Construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
- Minimum Object Distance: 7.5 in (wide) / 15.3 in (tele)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:2.9 (wide) / 1:4 (tele)
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Maximum Diameter: 73mm
- Length**: 4.6in
- Weight: 19.4oz
- Aperture Blades : 9 (circular diaphragm)
- Minimum Aperture: F2.8-F22
- Standard Accessories: Lens hood, Lens caps
- Compatible Mounts: E-Mount
**Length is the distance from the front tip of the lens to the lens mount face
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".