Venus Optics Laowa 9mm f/2.8 ZERO-D APS-C lens is now officially announced.
Ideal for landscape, architectural, star and interior photography, the ultra-wide optic will be available in Fujifilm X-mount, Canon EF-M and Sony E-mount cameras. This 9mm f/2.8 can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 13.5mm equivalent focal length. Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in low and difficult lighting conditions.
Venus Optics Laowa 9mm f/2.8 ZERO-D APS-C lens is scheduled for shipping in early April 2018. Check out the Venus Optics Laowa lenses at B&H Photo.
Venus Optics Laowa 9mm f/2.8 ZERO-D APS-C lens announced
Main features (Google translated):
- 3 special low dispersion lenses (ED lens) and 2 glass aspherical lenses are used extensively. By adopting an optical design with extremely reduced distortion to zero, it is possible to take landscape photographs and architectural photographs without the influence of distortion.
- It is the widest angle lens (113 °) lens among the wide-angle lenses for APS-C cameras of the open F 2.8 which are on sale now.
- It adopts metal enclosure with excellent robustness and luxury. Effective flower type hood is attached.
- This product is the brightest among the same class products, the most compact and lightweight lens. Because it is very convenient to carry, it is also ideal for daily snapshot.
- Focal length: 9 mm
- Maximum F value: F 2.8
- Viewing angle: 113 degrees (corresponding format: APS-C)
- Lens construction: 10 groups of 15
- Number of diaphragm blades: 7
- Shortest shooting distance: 12 cm
- Maximum magnification: 0.13 times
- Filter diameter: φ 49 mm
- Weight: ~ 215 g * Variable depending on mount
- Corresponding mount: FUJIFILM X, Canon EF-M, Sony E
MTF charts and lens design:
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".