Nikon announces the AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR ultra-wide-angle zoom lens compatible with DX-format DSLR cameras.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR is designed only for APS-C bodies. This lightweight and budget-friendly lens is equivalent to 15-30mm on crop-sensor cameras. It gains .5 stops of shake reduction from its Vibration Reduction system.
The lens uses a Pulse Motor (a kind of stepping motor) so it can focus quickly and quietly in live view and video, and has a minimum focus distance of 22cm/8.6in.
The Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens will be available in late June for $306.95.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR – Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens That’s Compact and Portable
The new NIKKOR 10-20mm is an ultra-wide-angle DX-format zoom lens that opens new perspectives and possibilities for those new to photography. It is ideal for shooting travel and scenery, real estate, large group portraits or vlogging.
This new lens combines superior image quality and an attainable price to give consumers wide-angle versatility with a lens that’s remarkably compact and lightweight.
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR is not an “E” lens meaning that it doesn’t feature electronic aperture control. This may limit the ability to adjust the aperture in live view or movie mode on some entry-level and midrange Nikon bodies.
- Support for the 10-20mm*1 range of focal lengths, which allows users to enjoy full-scale ultra-wide-angle photography
- A compact and lightweight lens that can easily be taken anywhere
- Adoption of three aspherical lens elements with the latest optical design achieves superior rendering performance
- A vibration reduction (VR) function that effectively reduces image blur caused by camera shake to a degree equivalent to a 3.5-stop increase in shutter speed (testing based on CIPA standards)*2
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) enables even quieter AF drive operation, making it also ideal for movie recording
- A focus ring that rotates smoothly for good operational feel with manual focusing
- A maximum reproduction ratio of 0.17x and a minimum focus distance of 0.22 m (0.8 ft) enable extremely close-up shooting for bold and magnificent expression of the intended subject
- Angle of view equivalent to that of a 15-30mm lens in 35mm  format.
- At the maximum telephoto position when a digital SLR camera equipped with an APS-C size image sensor is used.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".