Panasonic has officially announced its flagship Micro Four Thirds ILC, the Lumix GH5 launched at CES 2017.
The Panasonic LUMIX GH5 camera features the World’s First 4K 60p/50p and 4K 30p 4:2:2 10- bit video recording function. The new camera delivers a high-end, hybrid performance to photo enthusiasts and professional videographers looking to capture moments in 4K 60p / 50p video and 6K PHOTO.
The Lumix GH5 has a 20.3MP Live MOS image sensor with no optical low-pass filter. The new Venus Engine processor improves resolution, color, and noise reduction. It also offers roughly 1.3x higher performance compared to previous models, according to Panasonic.
The Panasonic Lumix GH5 will go on sale at the end of March. The price of the mirrorless camera for body-only is $1999. Check availability below.
|Check the camera stores for availability|
|Panasonic GH5||$1,999||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
Panasonic LUMIX GH5 DSLM camera featuring the World’s First 4K 60p/50p and 4K 30p 4:2:2 10- bit Video Recording Function
The GH5 comes with a rugged, weatherproof body with 5-axis image stabilization (with ‘Dual IS 2’ support), dual UHS-II SD card slots and a large electronic viewfinder. The 3.2″ fully articulating touchscreen display is welcomed by the PROs. It uses the same battery as its predecessor which can capture 410 shots per charge. Finally, the shutter unit is durable for approximately 200,000 releases.
- 20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- UHD 4K 60p Video with No Crop
- Internal 4:2:2 10-Bit 4K Video at 24/30p
- 5-Axis Sensor Stabilization; Dual I.S. 2
- 0.76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Advanced DFD AF System; 6K & 4K PHOTO
- ISO 25600 and 12 fps Continuous Shooting
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
Expandability, optional accessories, other features
- The LUMIX GH5 integrates Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi® 5GHz (IEEE 802.11ac) connectivity to offer a more flexible shooting experience and instant image sharing with easy operation.
- The LUMIX GH5 is compatible with the new Battery Grip DMW-BGGH5. By using two batteries, one in the camera and the other in the grip, the DMW-BGGH5 extends the battery life for longer time shooting.
- The optionally available microphone adaptor DMW-XLR1 is a plug-in type adaptor for XLR microphone to record high quality stereo sound.
- To save power, the camera automatically enters sleep mode after detecting the eye is off the LVF sensor. Various shutter systems are available with the LUMIX GH5: A mechanical shutter with maximum 1/8000 sec, an electronic-first curtain shutter with maximum 1/2000 sec. This can be used with flash while suppressing the shutter shock, and an electronic shutter without shutter shock with maximum 1/6000 sec.
Firmware updates will add Full HD 4:2:2 10bit video recording capability (scheduled for April 2017).
- 400Mbps 4:2:2 10bit All-Intra video recording in 4K 30p/25p/24p;
- Full HD, high resolution video recording in Anamorphic mode;
- Hybrid Log Gamma in Photo Style mode which enables popular 4K HDR video recording and USB tethering (all scheduled for second half of 2017).
The Lumix GH5 will be available (body only) in late March for $1999.99. For more information please visit LumixLounge.com.