Pentax has announced the K-50 DSLR camera and refreshed its entry level DSLR lineup. Pentax K-50 DSLR camera announcement with price and specs details are below.
The Pentax K-50 is a weather-sealed digital SLR camera. The K-50 is an update of the K-30 DSLR and available in 120 colour combinations.
Pentax K-50 features an APS-C sized 16.28-megapixel CMOS sensor, dust- and freezeproof camera body, a pentaprism viewfinder with 100% frame coverage. Also provides 6fps continuous shooting and Full HD video recording at 30, 25 or 24fps. The new camera can be powered by a proprietary lithium-ion battery or four AA-size cells.
Pentax K-50 DSLR Camera Price
Pentax K-50 DSLR camera body only price is $696.95 and $779.95 with the 18-55mm DAL WR lens. The new Pentax K-50 camera is available to buy from the camera stores below. The K-50 starts shipping from July 1, 2013. Where to buy Pentax K-50.
Pentax K-50 DSLR Camera Specs
- 16.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- PRIME M Image Processing Engine
- 3.0″ 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- SAFOX IXi+ Autofocus System
- Continuous Shooting Up to 6 fps
- In-Camera Shake Reduction System
- Fully Weather-Sealed Body Design
- Rechargeable Li-Ion or AA Batteries
- In-Camera HDR and RAW Image Processing
- Price from $696.95 to $1,096.95 depending on the included lens
Pentax K-50 DSLR Camera Features
- Customizable in 120 colors: Forget conformity and carry your colors with your camera. Select from 120 different color combinations to custom create a DSLR as unique as you are.
- 16 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor: A high performance 16 megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor strikes the perfect balance between resolution and image quality.
- PRIME M Image Processing Engine: PRIME M image processing engine is optimized for HD video capture, smooth live view, low chromatic noise, and low energy consumption.
- 6 frames per second continuous shooting: A fast 6 FPS frame rate captures fast action shots in dynamic shooting situations.
- Fast Shutter speed up to 1/6000: A maximum 1/6000 second shutter speed freezes sports and fast action without subject movement blur.
- ISO Speeds up to 51200: High sensitivity shooting up to 51200 ISO range improves noise performance throughout, even in low lighting.
- High Precision SAFOX IXi+ Auto Focusing: Advanced SAFOX IXi+ autofocus engine, with AF assist lamp and light source detection sensor, features improved optical components, including a diffraction lens, for responsive autofocus in any lighting.
- Pentaprism Viewfinder for 100% Field of View & 4 optional Focusing Screens: What you see is what you get with the low profile glass pentaprism viewfinder, with four interchangeable focusing screens, achieves a 100% optical field of view for framing accuracy in a highly compact form factor.
- Fully Weather-sealed, Dustproof, Coldproof Design: With 81 weather seals throughout the entire body, your K-50 ensures worry-free use in any weather condition or outdoor setting, be it rain or sand.
- Coldproof: The K-50′srugged, coldproof design is also made for perfect use in sub-freezing, wet, snowy winter conditions (-10C, 14F).
- Innovative In-body Shake Reduction (SR) Mechanism: The PENTAX in-body, sensor-shift Shake and Dust Reduction technology ensures sharp, image stabilized, auto-leveled, and dust-free imaging with any mounted lens.
- K-Mount Compatible with 25 Million PENTAX lenses: The PENTAX K-mount is compatible with every single K-mount lens ever made. Choose from over 25 million PENTAX lenses to use with your K-50-whether you’re a novice or an expert, there’s a PENTAX lens that lets you capture your interesting view of the world.
- Eye-Fi Card Compatibility: With Eye-Fi wireless LAN SD memory cards, the user can automatically transmit recorded images to a smartphone. New built-in menus allow the user to easily enable automatic transmission of images and video to a smartphone for rapid sharing. Images can be selected and resized before sending.
- Full 1080p h.264 HD video recording: Full 1080p HD video capture at 30 frames per second (60 FPS for 720p) features efficient h.264 compression, flexible exposure control, and HDR finishing options for stunning video quality.
- In-body raw development and HDR shooting: Enjoy in-body raw development and in-camera HDR shooting mode, featuring multiple blending options to bring out the detail in wide gamut still imaging.
- Programmable front & rear e-dials: Programmable front and rear e-dials enable PENTAX renowned Hyper Program and Manual modes, as well as other rapid no-look settings changes.
- Enhanced Creative Modes, multilayer filtering opportunities: Choose from 11 types of custom image modes and 19 digital filters, all with multi layering capabilities, for more creative expression than you ever dreamt of. The K-50 lets you show off your unique visions with real, high-resolution images.
- Large High Resolution 3 inch LCD: Large 3 inch LCD with brightness and color adjustments is wide angle viewable, and features 921,000 dots of resolution.
- Dual-axis electronic level: For high precision horizontal and vertical alignment, use the electronic dual-axis level to make sure your shot is perfectly aligned with the horizon or framed just the way you want it. Measure both side-to-side and forward to backward tilt for the ideal shot.
- Standard Lithium-ion battery or optional use of AA-size batteries: Compatible with both rechargeable Li-Ion and AA batteries (via optional AA battery holder) for plentiful power at home or while travelling.
- 77 segment metering system: Highly accurate 77 segment metering system produces beautifully exposed images and video, even in complex lighting situations.
- Traditional, Auto Picture and Scene modes: Traditional shooting modes feature PENTAX Sensitivity Priority (Sv) and Shutter And Aperture Priority (TAv) for outstanding flexibility, while powerful automatic modes like Auto Picture and Scene modes take the guesswork out of great photography.