Olympus announced the Olympus Global Open Photo Contest 2016-17 for professional and amateur photographers anywhere in the world from October 13, 2016.
The contest supports the development and spread of photography, inviting entries on four categories. Entries are invited from photographers everywhere, regardless of their choice of equipment and whether they are professionals or amateurs.
All photos can be viewed on the official contest website as they get entered, and users will be able to filter photos viewed by country of residence.
You can simply register on the contest website and post photos to enter between October 13, 2016 to January 10, 2017. Winners will be announced on the contest website in April 2017.
Olympus Global Open Photo Contest 2016-17 Overview [Entry Categories]
- Power of LifeEnter a powerful photo that conveys how beautiful, vibrant, healthy, and full of energy life can be.
- Connections to CherishEnter a heartwarming photo that expresses the love and peace of mind that family and friendsprovide you with.
- Places that InspireEnter a breathtaking photo of spectacular, picturesque scenery.
- Perspectives Often MissedEnter a fascinating photo taken from an imaginative viewpoint rarely seen before, that stimulates our creativity and invites us to venture out and discover.
[How to Enter]
Only online entries will be eligible. Simply register on the contest website and post photos to enter.
Japanese, English, German, French, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Finnish, and Polish (14 languages in total)
From 11:00 am, Thursday, October 13, 2016 to 11:00 am, Tuesday, January 10, 2017 (JST)
Winners will be announced on the contest website in April 2017
- Grand Prize : 1 million Japanese yen and an Olympus flagship camera
- Category Prizes (Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place in each category)
- First Prize: Olympus OM-D E-M5 MarkII+M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO
- Second Prize: Olympus OM-D E-M10 MarkII+M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ
- Third Prize: Olympus PEN E-PL8+M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ
- Runners-Up (10 per category): Moleskine Custom Edition Hardcover Notebook
Please visit the website at gopc.olympus-global.com/2016.