Nikon has announced a new PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED tilt-shift lens.
The ultra-wide prime lens offers 97° of coverage and can shift ±12mm and tilt ±7.5°. The mechanism for tilt can be rotated independently from the mechanism for shift. This allows the tilt function to be set either parallel or perpendicular to the shift.
The prime optic has three ED and two aspherical elements as well as Nano Crystal Coating. It will be available in November, 2016 with a price of $3399.95.
|Check the camera stores for availability|
|Nikon PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED||$3,399.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama
Nikon PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED tilt shift lens officially announced
Sporting a super-wide 19mm focal length, the lens provides a unique perspective ideal for shooting horizontal or vertical panoramas, or even filmmaking.
The lens also features core NIKKOR technologies such as Nano Crystal Coat to combat ghosting and flare. It provides an electromagnetic diaphragm for fast auto-exposure control. Fluorine coating helps resist dirt, water spots and smudges.
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||19 mm|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (FX)|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||3 ED + 2 aspherical elements + fluorine & Nano Crystal coatings|
|Minimum focus||0.25 m (9.84″)|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||885 g (1.95 lb)|
|Diameter||89 mm (3.5″)|
|Length||124 mm (4.88″)|
|Notes||Can rotate 90 degrees in either direction, tilt up/down 7.5 degrees, shift left/right 12mm.|
Check for the sample photos here.
- A shift mechanism that supports smooth perspective control without the need for lock operation
- Adoption of a new “PC Rotation” mechanism that allows users to freely set the direction of shift and tilt operation from parallel to perpendicular to each other
- Superior optical performance that begins with excellent resolution all the way to the edges of the frame, making the most of high-pixel-count digital SLR camera capabilities
- Adoption of Nano Crystal Coat, that enables sharp and clear images in which ghost and flare is effectively reduced with superior antireflection characteristics.
- Highly durable fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water, grease, and dirt applied to the outer surface of the lens element at the extreme front of the lens.
- When used with cameras other than the D5, D4 series, D3 series, D810 series, D500, or Df, some combinations of shift and rotation may not be possible. It’s due to the fact that the lens comes into contact with the camera body.
- It is not compatible with D2- or D1-series, D200, D100, D90, D80, D70-series, D60, D50, D40-series, or D3000 or Nikon 1 series cameras. Because it features an electromagnetic aperture.