Sony has announced the E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS power zoom lens for Super 35mm and APS-C format cameras.
Designed for video shooters, it’s the second lens in Sony’s lineup. The optic uses the company’s Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) design to prevent focus breathing, focus shifts and axial image shifts while zooming.
The lens provides a focal length starts at 18mm wide angle and extends to 110mm at the telephoto end (27mm – 165mm equiv. in 35mm format). It has a 6.1x high zoom ratio, even with inner focus. The optic maintains a constant F4 maximum aperture throughout its zoom range.
The E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS also includes a dust- and moisture-resistant design, built-in SteadyShot and quiet operation.
Sony introduces E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS Super 35mm / APS-C lens
An ideal companion to a wide range of α cameras, from the PXW-FS7 professional camcorder to interchangeable-lens cameras such as α7 series and α6300. This G Lens TM delivers image quality that will satisfy even the most demanding of professional users.
It consists of 18 elements in 15 groups, including 6 aspherical elements and 3 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and features a 7 blade circular aperture design. This highly intricate design delivers extremely high resolution image quality and is particularly suited to professional 4K movie shooting.
The Sony E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS will be available from November with a price tag for $3500.
Sony E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS Features
- E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS (SELP18110G) with 6.1x high zoom ratio
- High resolution suited to professional 4K movie production
- Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) design and construction to minimize unwanted focus and image shifts while focusing or zooming
- Advanced operability including three separate focus, iris and zoom rings for professional operation
- Optical SteadyShotTM in-lens image stabilization
- Compact, lightweight design with dust and moisture resistance