As we all know Fuji officially announced the development of the GFX 50S mirrorless medium-format camera. Here is an additional coverage of the Fujifilm GFX 50S.
We will meet the Fujifilm GFX 50S mirrorless digital camera in early 2017. It will feature the new FUJIFILM G Format 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor with an astonishing 51.4MP resolution. The system will consist of six FUJINON GF Lenses that will be introduced sequentially in early 2017.
Even the company didn’t unveil any price information it is expected to be well under $10,000. Meantime the medium format camera is already listed at B&H. Now let’s have a look at more details of this camera.
Fujifilm GFX 50S additional coverage
DC.Watch has posted several new photos of the mirrorless medium-format shooter. You can see them in higher resolution at DC.Watch website. According to photographyblog, the camera is weighs about 800g which is 75g more than the Hasselblad.
Fujifilm will include a standard viewfinder in the box with the GFX 50S. This mean the adjustable viewfinder we have seen is the optional one and could hint at other optional viewfinders in the future. See Popular Photography video below.
Fujifilm GFX 50S vs Sony a7RII Size Comparison
At Photokina 2016 Wex Photographic had a general over view of the Fujifilm GFX 50S. They compared the size of the new Fujifilm GFX 50S vs Sony a7RII cameras.
FUJIFILM GFX 50S Key Features:
- 51.4MP Medium Format 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor for superior sharpness and image quality for all professional photographers
- Can be adapted to various aspect ratios, including 4:3 (default), 3:2, 1:1, 4:5, 6:7 and 6:17
- FUJIFILM “G Mount” with short flange back distance of just 26.7mm
- “X-Processor Pro” imaging processor
- Detachable electronic viewfinder
- Weather and dust resistant; operates as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius