Leica released a new firmware update for the Leica Q (Typ 116) full-frame compact camera with a fixed, stabilized 28mm F1.7 Summilux lens.
This version adds an option to shoot in raw-only mode. While it expands the shutter speed range to include speeds of up to 120 seconds. Introduces an optimised EVF mode that makes navigation even easier than before. The firmware also adds three optimised auto focus functions and brings a number of other improvements. See the whole details and download link below.
The Leica Q (Typ 116) – $4,250 (Amazon | B&H | Adorama) is the first model in a new line of digital compact cameras and features auto-focus speed of 0.15 second, ISO range of 100-50,000, 10fps continuous shooting, 1080p/60fps video, built-in wi-fi and NFC connectivity, 3.6 megapixed electronic LCOS viewfinder, and a touchscreen 3″ TFT LCD monitor with 1,040,000 pixels.
Leica Q Typ 116 Firmware Update Version 2.0 Details
Here is the list of improvements and bug fixes:
- DNG-only mode added
- EVF extended mode added
- Extended low shutter speed range
- User Profile menu item directly accessible
- Level Gauge display changed
- Size of 1 Point AF metering area now selectable (Small / Standard / Large)
- One Point AF movement in digital zoom mode restricted to cropped frame
- Improved Face Detection AF mode function
- Additional information display screen added
- Image playback touch zoom function changed
- Long exposure / Noise reduction countdown added
- Three modes available for the thumbwheel (Off / AUTO / Exp. Comp.)
- Mode Lock of the video record button implemented
- Wi-Fi Password setting changed
- Flash unit compatibility extended