Fujifilm has announced that the new X-Pro2 firmware version 2.0 will be released in October, 2016.
Firmware version 2.0 for its X-Pro2 mirrorless camera updates the autofocus algorithm to be in-line with the just-announced X-T2. The firmware update also improves parallax correction when using the OVF and adds support for the new EF-X500 external flash.
The X-Pro2 features 24.3 megapixel X-Trans CMOS III sensor, new focal plane shutter with a top speed of 1/8000 sec. The mirrorless camera also offer a robust, weather resistant body with 3.0″ 1.62m-Dot LCD Monitor on the back. It can capture images at sensitivities as high as ISO 51200.
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Firmware Version 2.0 Will Be Released in October, 2016
Firmware Update V.2.0 Key Features:
- The new autofocus algorithm* (found in the new FUJIFILM X-T2) produces faster and more accurate autofocus.
* Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.
- Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount FUJIFILM EF-X500 flash. The camera will now support high-speed flash sync and multi-flash lighting.
- AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 second, 30 second, and 1 minute options, allowing more customizable power management.
- The parallax correction function will be improved to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder.