Panasonic has announced the Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 prime lens for its Micro Four Thirds lineup.
The Panasonic 12mm F1.4 ASPH is a new ultra wide-angle lens that boasts 15 elements in 12 groups. The lens construction consists of two aspherical lenses, two UED lenses and an ED lens. On the other hand, the MFT optic has a rugged splash/dustproof design.
The Panasonic 12mm F1.4 offers a dedicated ring to control its nine-bladed aperture. The lens not only performs smooth aperture changes to eliminate sudden jumps in exposure, its silent design also enhances audio capture in any scene.
Panasonic Lumix G Leica Summilux 12mm F1.4 Lens Becomes Official
Panasonic 12mm F1.4 is a 24mm equivalent lens designed for mirrorless cameras with Micro Four Thirds image sensors. The bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in difficult and low lighting conditions, and also affords greater control over depth of field for selective focus techniques.
The optical design employs a pair of aspherical elements in order to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and clarity from edge to edge.
- Experience a Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera lens design with a significant reduction in size and weight of comparable DSLR 35mm lenses.
- 12mm F1.4 LEICA SUMMILUX high-performance wide angle lens for group, event, and nature photography (24mm 35mm camera lens equivalent).
- Indoor shooting in low lighting produces a natural defocusing effect with its F1.4 high speed aperture.
- Ideally suited for the outdoors with a splash and dustproof sealed body. (When combined with splash and dustproof LUMIX G Mirrorless camera models)
- Suppresses “sagittal flare” that occurs in some ultra wide-angle lenses at wide-aperture settings.
- Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion and Extra-Low Dispersion optics with stringent LEICA standards assure high image quality with high resolution and minimum distortion.
- Compatible with 4K video capture.
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Max Format size||Four Thirds|
|Focal length||12 mm|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||2 aspherical lenses, 1 ED lens, 2 UED lenses|
|Minimum focus||0.20 m (7.87″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Unknown|
|Weight||335 g (0.74 lb)|
|Diameter||70 mm (2.76″)|
|Length||70 mm (2.76″)|
|Filter thread||62.0 mm|