Hasselblad X1D medium format mirrorless camera has been unveiled with a 50-megapixel CMOS sensor.
With dust and weather-sealing the camera is ergonomic and compact. It offers a native ISO sensitivity between 100-25600 range and is capable of 1080/30p HD video. Its hot shoe is compatible with Nikon Speedlights and the camera can sync with flashes at its maximum shutter speed: 1/2000 sec.
Along with the Hasselblad X1D medium format mirrorless camera two new lenses also announced. They are the XCD 90mm f3.2 and XCD 45mm f3.5. Prices will be $2,695 and $2,295 respectively. An 30mm optic will follow shortly at Photokina.
The camera uses a new mount compatible with new XCD lenses. The lenses has an integral central shutter, which enables the flash sync all the way up to the fastest shutter speed of 1/2000th of a second. Hasselblad’s H System lenses are also compatible with a H adapter to make up for the lack of mirror box in the smaller X1D.
Hasselblad X1D Announced: World’s First Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
The Hasselblad X1D offers a 3″ 920k-dot touch screen and a built-in XGA electronic viewfinder. It has built-in Wi-Fi and GPS functions as well as dual SD card slots. The X1D and its battery weigh in at 725g, which Hasselblad points out is half the weight of your typical medium-format camera.
Key Hasselblad X1D features
- Compact, lightweight (725g), highly portable and user-friendly medium format technology
- Large 50MP CMOS medium format sensor delivering up to 14 stops of dynamic range
- New line of XCD lenses with integral central shutter; 45mm and 90mm available at launch
- Compatible with all 12 lenses and lens accessories from the Hasselblad professional H System (adapter required)
- Multiple image format options
- High quality XGA electronic viewfinder or high resolution rear display with touch functionality
- Wide range of shutter speeds: 60 minutes to 1/2000th sec. with full flash synchronisation throughout the range
- An ISO range from 100 to 25,600
- Dual SD card slots, GPS and Wi-Fi
- USB 3.0 Type-C connector, Mini HDMI, Audio In/Out
- Weather and dust sealings
- HD video
- Phocus 3.1 for simple and quick raw image processing. Adobe Photoshop® and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® compatible.
Weighing just 725g and including HD video, the X1D is a trusted partner and ideal travel companion. The robust exterior is dust and weather proof, providing durability to take with you wherever you go.
Ideal for those who want to create the highest quality medium format images with a straightforward and easy to use camera that can fit in the palm of your hand. Check the sample images.
The Hasselblad X1D will be priced at $8995 body-only. A kit with 45mm F3.5 lens will cost $11,290, and bundled with both lenses it will cost $13,985. Shipping will start in August.